I miss Scip...

For all that are so very concerned about the originally posted picture why not go look at the "currently posted pictures of bothe bases????

It might answer most of your questions, or not with some posters. :lol:

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Here you go, here's some WITHOUT a paint washes (by the way you can see on the original picture, by the way its streaked and pooled its actually settled on the surface not in any recesses - look at the streaks and marks rain water leaves on glass, its pretty much the same deal).

largemetalbase.jpg

smallmetalbase.jpg

Trust me buddy, I used to have to wash miniatures all the while for display in cabinets - its just the way its dried.

Nice pics, Lieutenant Rasczak. Those look quite acceptable to me.

Aniyn, actually the Mods are on here. I believe they removed Dr Warlocks "The thing about forums..." post.

Yeah, I think that comment about the mods was a little harsh. They do a pretty remarkable job of running this place imo. I think it's actually one
of the better run boards going.

Quark said:
Yeah, I think that comment about the mods was a little harsh. They do a pretty remarkable job of running this place imo. I think it's actually one

Well this is one of the better for the numbers on it. For the others I'm on Infinity is just a lovely place, no need for Mods bar removing spam and banter, Dark Age is a tight ship but theres so few of us its all cool, Frothers is justa wild nuthouse, Darkson Designs is all really nice (again not many people, its a hard veteran core- best of the best! :D ) and UKCORD is filled with nice guys. MGP do a pretty good job (particually with the trouble they get [rightly sometimes] over minis/pre paints etc).

I think that Scipio should get the benefit of the doubt on this web. He has been a tremendous benefit to this forum. He has shown himself to be thoughful and entertaining. Personally, I was sorry to see him go, and I hope that he comes back to the game.

He really has been the forum's advocate for quality. As a miniature company, mongoose will live or die by the quality of its castings. Ultimately, he is right.

Kurt

ScipioAmericanus said:
Yells to All,

Cap'n Rooster, I'm honored that I got to be the subject of a thread!!! :oops:

As BuShips said, I am indeed popping in every so often. My cadets want to do SST in our club, so it's a good idea for me to keep my ear to the ground...plus I miss all you guys. If any of my knuckleheads log in, please be nice to them!

As BuShips said, I certainly do hope that SST succeeds! While I have personally abandoned the game and don't have any intention of returning to it, my decision was based on my problems with how things have been handled to date and my lack of faith in how things will go in the future...and was a totally personal decision. I certainly don't fault anyone for staying with SST: that's how it'll succeed! I certainly do wish it well!

And, yes: I am still a HUGE fan of Starship Troopers in general. If nothing else, I can thank MGP for pulling together material from three disparate sources and making a believable whole.

I'm having a ton of fun with FoW (DAK), Warmachine (Khador) and Hordes (Skorne). Now THOSE are some absolutely gorgeous miniatures: I actually find myself looking forward to prepping and painting again, not dreading it. I've even run into a friend from here on the FoW forums!

Taco is doing well, and if she wasn't so involved in attacking her bells right now, I'm sure she'd say "Hiiiiiiiii!" to everybody. (Ding! Ding! Ding! Growl! Growl! Honk! Growl! Honk!) Thankfully, she seems to have gotten bored with "That's my own p*ss!" (I haven't watched Band of Brothers with her in the same room for a good while now...)

Regards.
Glad to see you're still popping in every so often.

I'm sorry SST (the mini game) didn't work out for you... :cry:

Quark said:
He, yeah, and with me as a mod, well, sheesh, nothing can go wrong! :wink:

(P.S. And besides, LBH is a mod, so this forum is officially taken care of! :lol: )

Just a quick answer to your question Quark

What do I do all day? I am retired and pretty much do what I want to do. :D :D :D
As for the number of Scipios posts, I think if you look I said approx. or at least I intended to, that is approximately 30 or so. Not a precise number, perhaps I should have said virtually every post he has made since his return.

If you want to know the exact number go to Scipio's profile and then click on the selection to look at all of his posts. You count them I was only estimating the number and tried to make that clear in my post.

Oh now.

What do you do all day Quark? :lol: :lol: :lol: recite the Rules of Acquisition from memory. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure if your Forum name means that Quark (the Farengi) or Quark as in subatomic particle. :D :D :D :D

Captain Rooster said:
Quark said:

(P.S. And besides, LBH is a mod, so this forum is officially taken care of! :lol: )

Surely, "Ying and Yang"... :lol:

BuShips said:
Captain Rooster said:
Quark said:

.........*shakes head in despair*

Captain Rooster said:
BuShips said:
Captain Rooster said:

.........*shakes head in despair*

It could have been even worse. I could have said "Ying and Yank", since you are on the west side of the pond... :roll:

Right, but I'm Californian, therefore I'm under the "surfer" label, even though I live 4 hours away from any body of salt water. :roll: :lol:

Captain Rooster said:
Right, but I'm Californian, therefore I'm under the "surfer" label, even though I live 4 hours away from any body of salt water. :roll: :lol:

Well, good defense aginst tsunamis, I suppose :wink: .

BTW, if you've ever read Lucifer's Hammer, you might want to still have a surfboard around, heh.

Cuda- You're retired? Man, I can't wait for that! I've got a long way to go though!

And yes, it's the sub-atomic particle. I only recently discovered the Ferengi character by the same name and it's a little embarrasing! :oops:

I might have to change it now that I know! There's not a Ferengi named Nutrino is there?

Also, I can't recite anything from memory. That's why God gave us sharpie markers and hands! :lol:

Quark said:
Cuda- You're retired? Man, I can't wait for that! I've got a long way to go though!

And yes, it's the sub-atomic particle. I only recently discovered the Ferengi character by the same name and it's a little embarrasing! :oops:

I might have to change it now that I know! There's not a Ferengi named Nutrino is there?

Also, I can't recite anything from memory. That's why God gave us sharpie markers and hands! :lol:

Its not that good, he's retired early because of his Health.

Back