I have a real concern with the first rule book release

Tim

Mongoose
I play the Conan game, bought the first edition, and then the Atlantean after due to the craptastic editing. My question to Mongoose is, did you proof and edit this book or are we going to have a repeat performance? Just want to know if I should buy the book when it comes out or wait for the fixed edition.

That is a little unfair - a lot of people lost their jobs over what happened with Conan, and it is something we have never repeated.

Tim said:
I play the Conan game, bought the first edition, and then the Atlantean after due to the craptastic editing. My question to Mongoose is, did you proof and edit this book or are we going to have a repeat performance? Just want to know if I should buy the book when it comes out or wait for the fixed edition.

In the Word.docs of the RuneQuest book, I caught two typos. Neither of those were repeated the preliminary .pdf I've used for over a month, or the final .pdf that I've been using for a week now.

I know that just about every book in the world has typos (my personal bane are Raymond E. Feist books, goddamn it), but you can check out the RuneQuest book next month and see for yourself. If people genuinely think it needs a 'fixer' re-release, I'll eat my limited edition Star Wars mug, which is awesome, holds two mugs' worth of tea, and is shaped like Boba Fett's head.

It's good to hear that the word doc. is pretty tight. Overall, I know it's delicate subject, but I think it's a question that needed to be asked and answered. Lot's of people ended up having to re-buy books due to the editing issues. It was the only outstanding doubt I had over the game. Hearing from DBC calms my fears, however and I'm willing to give Runequest a shot on release, sight unseen.

Dead Blue Clown said:
I'll eat my limited edition Star Wars mug, which is awesome, holds two mugs' worth of tea, and is shaped like Boba Fett's head.

Could you just send it to me instead of eating it please!

jadrax said:
Dead Blue Clown said:
I'll eat my limited edition Star Wars mug, which is awesome, holds two mugs' worth of tea, and is shaped like Boba Fett's head.

Could you just send it to me instead of eating it please!

No. I don't share the Fett, man. You can have my Stormtrooper one if this dark day ever takes shape, or the smiley tiger-face one I got from Chester Zoo.

I'm someone who doesn't play much d20, and I am not a Conan fan, so could someone tell what was so bad with the orignal Conan relase that it needed a "rescue" edtion?

Back