How would you covert AvP to SST?

Been down for a while: I discovered first-hand the joys of the Norwalk virus (Noro virus, Novo virus ?). I lost 11 lbs in 4 days and almost got hospitalized, but finally managed to shake it.

I don't know if this is particularly germane, but on Friday I got to see the themed table for AvP....OMG! It ROCKS! *drools*

MGP need to seriously consider themed tables to showcase their products: I understand one is in the works for BF:Evo, and I can only hope that SST:Evo will get one as well!!!!

Based on my talk with the company, I decided to order one squad of Marines for BF:Evo to check out the quality and see the figs first hand. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I'm told I'll probably have to prime and re-paint. IMHO, that doesn't bode well for SST pre-paints...

Regards.

Since Stratos wanted present-day humans I have been working on two types, SWAT and gang members.

SWAT Officer
Special Weapons And Tactics teams are the elite of the police, and thus the first line of defence when it comes to Xenomorph infestions and Predator hunts.

Size: 1
Move 4"
Target: 4+
Kill 6+
Save: 5+
Close Combat: 1xD6

MP5K
Damage: 2xD6
Range: 16"

Gang Member
Street gangs may lack the equipment and training of the police or military, but when their territory becomes the scene for infestions and hunts they will fight hard to defend what they see as their own.

Size: 1
Move: 4"
Target: 3+
Kill: 5+
Save: -
Close Combat: 1xD6-1

Gang members often carry a huge array of weapons, but I've thought up a few.

Desert Eagle
Damage: 1xD6+1
Range: 10"

Ingram
Damage: 2xD6
Range: 8"

Pump-action Shotgun
Damage: 1xD10
Range: 8"

Any ideas?

Did you get any piccies of the table? Thats damn bad about the Norwalk virus, all I got resently was a sinous(I can't spell this one for some reason) cold :lol: . Umm I'll see if I can make stats for the remaining colonial marines. Oh and just yesterday I got a really early birthday present! The Alien Quardrilogy! I have all 4 movies including their more recent directors cut versions, extra content and much more, so far I've only watched AL|ENS and twitched with joy to see all this extra scenes that made the movie so much cooler!

good morning!

the ALIENS should most defo have the acid for blood "retalition" trait: the alien acid blood does not effect other aliens, after all.

a good place for eyeballing to see how PETE JONES handled the aliens in his IS THIS ANOTHER BUGHUNT? sci fi rules is available from his freewargames rules site (which i do not remember the www for!).

if some one has the url, this place might be of some use.

DAWGIE

DAWGIE said:
good morning!

the ALIENS should most defo have the acid for blood "retalition" trait: the alien acid blood does not effect other aliens, after all.

a good place for eyeballing to see how PETE JONES handled the aliens in his IS THIS ANOTHER BUGHUNT? sci fi rules is available from his freewargames rules site (which i do not remember the www for!).

if some one has the url, this place might be of some use.

DAWGIE
Oh hey! I remember that site! I forgot the url to it as well. Umm it had floor section printouts and everything including rules, and suggestions on what miniatures to use

Kristovich said:
Hey Statos, what happened to this whole idea?

It's sitting idle. I just got my Aliens HrC set yesterday and plan to pick up the Queen tomorrow. The Predator set comes out next month. I'll then be ready to actually play with actual models. I've been so busy with CD releases and sick children that I haven't played much of anything of late. I hope to begin really testing everyone's suggestions soon. I'd love to play a nice homebrew game regularly. I'll likely be testing Aliens vs Mobile Infantry here very soon.

By HrC do you mean Horrorclix? I just saw a news blurb about Aliens and Predator horror clix figures. So an alien army should be interesting. They'd all have an acid splash at death, so they'd be trouble for arachnid warriors.

I don't see predators having their own army though.

The colonial marines would be interesting, their smartguns would have some ability where they get a reroll on the smartgun dice.

Yes - Horrorclix. There are seven different Predators in the box set plus one with the Queen and another if you're fortunate to score the Cloaking Predator exclusive (I am not so lucky... yet). So, 9 different Preds (only 7 unique sculpts)... if done right, is quite an army. Another box set to boost your numbers, etc.

I'd even like to have SST hybrid rules where the Brain Bug and Control Bugs could coordinate a Predator or Alien army against the MI, Skinnies, Colonial Marines, etc.

GOOD MORNING ALL (MY TIME!)!

after doing a lot of reading last year, it seems like the PREDATORS do understand the concept of WAR, as well as the CONCEPT OF THE RITUAL HUNT.

PREDATORS FIGHTING WAR a whole different type of PREDATOR from the PREDATORS OF THE HUNT.

THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO FIGHT BY THE RULES OF THE HUNT, and have access to all sorts of nasty high tech (ships, armor, weapons, etc).
clans work together against the common foe, as do the various brotherhoods of the hunt.

i think they would fight a lot like NORTH AMERICAN INDIAN tribes of the 1700s and 1800s: not as likely to fight set piece battles, or a battle to the death as a contemperary soldier, but capable of doing so if they see a need for it. . .

REMEMBER, according to later ALIEN UNIVERSE info, the PREDATORS are an increbily ancient starfaring species (possibly with a stagnent or devolving civilization with unknown point of origin, population, industrial, economic, and military potential) encountered the ALIENS (THE HARD ONES) thousands of years in the past, and almost exterminated them in a war between species. at the last "minute" the PREDATORS decided to keep the ALIENS around as the ultimate, big, dangerous game animals for the traditional right of passage to warrior society and prestige hunts that result in upward social mobility and respect.

HUMANS (SOFT ONES) are a relatively recent, ritual prey species (although we "know" the PREDs have been to EARTH in the days of both dinosaurs and man for hunts. armed humans are considered to be wiley and dangerous prey, with certain types of humans being considered extremely dangerous (ie, USCMC marines prey). not recommended at all for inexperienced hunters to go up against!

PREDS would soon come to see BUGS, SKINNIES, and HUMANS as approrpiate and very dangerous prey under normal circumstances. if they feel really threated, they would follow the way of war instead of the the way of the hunt.

just some more thoughts!

DAWGIE

Back