How to handle a unique weapon

JMISBEST

Mongoose
How would you suggest handling a unique experimental weapon that's part-Psionic that has no effect on foes with no armour but if the target has armour then the heavier their armour the more damage they take?

Ignores armor. Does damage equal to the armor factor bypassed. Being in cover will probably increase the damage as well.

The original Warhammer 40K graviton gun worked something like this. Targets were crushed with larger targets taking proportionally more damage. ISTR something like this in a Niven or Pournelle novel as well.

Moppy said:
Ignores armor. Does damage equal to the armor factor bypassed. Being in cover will probably increase the damage as well.
I aim the weapon at someone in Australia. What's the damage modifier for someone being under the cover of an entire planet?
The original Warhammer 40K graviton gun worked something like this. Targets were crushed with larger targets taking proportionally more damage.
For the glory of the Empire! I may die but I'm taking you all with me! <Points graviton gun at the ground.> What's the damage modifier if the target is the planet?

AdrianH said:
Moppy said:
I aim the weapon at someone in Australia. What's the damage modifier for someone being under the cover of an entire planet?

Maybe it just works locally, so it'll take whatever mass is near the target, and not the intervening planet. How do you shoot it through a planet anyhow? There's probably also a limit on the amount of mass it can affect. It's not the stupidest thing I've seen in Traveller. edit: I wouldnt use it in our game but it fits in the tech tree somewhere above 15, with all the other magic.

Back