How old are you?

I'm 38

When I started playing the dice only had two sides.
I'm not joking, my first D&D box set came with Chits, cardboard squares with numbers printed in them, instead of dice.

I'm 37.

One of the first things I actually remember having read was the adaptation of Rogues in the House by Barry Smith/Roy Thomas...

But I started gaming quite late, at 21 or so (damned GURPS Conan!!!).

Well, D&D make me feel old... :wink: Where are the youngsters? Seems to me, there only few "newcomers" around. By the way, I'm 32 (33 next month), with 16 years of playing and DMing (so I started relatively late I think).

I'm 40 as of today coz it's me burfday :D .

I started roleplaying 25 years ago but started reading Conan a few years before then.

John Dee said:
I'm 40 as of today coz it's me burfday :D .

I started roleplaying 25 years ago but started reading Conan a few years before then.

Congrats!

Happy burfday! :p

Hello I'll be 34 this year. Started D&D red boxed set when it came to France in 1983. Conan fan since 1884.
Chrysagon

Lane Shutt said:
I'm 38

When I started playing the dice only had two sides.
I'm not joking, my first D&D box set came with Chits, cardboard squares with numbers printed in them, instead of dice.

I remember the chits well, and then we graduated to dice that eventually chipped so much you couldn't read them. AND one number from 1-10 had to be colored so you could tell the difference between 1-10 and 11-20. I still have that d20...it rolls funny, but still comes up 20 more often then not! (I don't use it...heh)

Arkobla Conn said:
dice that eventually chipped so much you couldn't read them.

AHH the good old days, when having something to roll your dice into, without chipping them, was just as important as dice themselves.

I once had a four sided die that fractured as it hit the table, everyone had this shocked look as it came to a stop and the top 1/3 slid off.

I'm 28. Been doing tabletop rpgs for about 21 years now, starting with my first red box in 1st grade at the age of 7.

More amusing still, I've been 'into' Conan since I was cognisant. My father, a consumate collector of esoteric and weird shit, used to read to me from Weird Tales when I was about 4 or 5. I recall being removed from my 2nd grade classroom back in 1983 for bringing one of the old Ace REH paperbacks in and reading it during math hour.

I wound up failing college algebra 15 years later...but I can run a helluva Conan game without using any hardcopy source material at all, so its a fair tradeoff. ;)

Clegane said:
... I recall being removed from my 2nd grade classroom back in 1983 for bringing one of the old Ace REH paperbacks in and reading it during math hour...quote]

Damn! I can't remember how many times that used happen to me.

I am 31 and started role playing with Dragon Warriors back when I was around 11 or 12.

Prior to that I was playing FF books for about a year.

Got into conan through the old TSR box set, that was cool, wish new games came out in boxed sets!!

Now I have half a room filled with role playing stuff and a loft covered in miniature games.

Needless to say my wife loves my hobby for the time, space and money i spend on it.

p.s. I hope my Lone wolf book turns up tomorrow , damn new single delivery royal mail.

I'm 30 and I have been playing role playing games since I was 14. I started with Acirema,the first Finnish role playing game published.

It's actually nice to see that here is so much of experienced players.I feel lucky to find you guys :wink:

33 laster this month.

I am kind of surprised to see so many people around my age or older. i expected a lot more youngsters!

Razuur

3 33's in a row!! I'll be 34 in a couple of months. I started with the red box. Traveller was the other big one at the time with a bit of Gamma world chucked in. It was on my thirteenth b'day that I got the AD&D. Remember the old DMG? Had those random dungeon generation tables in the back? I remember playing games using that when no one else was around to play! Never looked back.....Hooked for life.
Aaron

Seems like I'm a young'un here.(21)

I've been reading Conan and other fantasy for at least ten years but only started role-playing a couple years back with some friends. Started with some Palladium and I'm patiently waiting to try my hand at GM'ing with Conan sometime soon.

Back