How is the vehicle system in Judge Dredd

A

Anonymous

I dont have the rule book yet but I'm looking at getting it. I'd like to use the rule system for fairly precise miniatures combat on the order of Necromunda but in the d20 system with all of its character advancement and juicy detail. So how are the vehicle movement and colision rules? Are they precise enough to enable miniature combat sequences, or do the rules gloss over precise vehicle location in favor of a more abstract system like West End Game's Star Wars?

Also, what do you think about the gun rules? Do they work, have a good feel to them, reasonably represent gun fights without getting too bogged down?

Thanks for your opinions.

I am not sure whether they are that suited to mini gaming, due to the massive speeds that JD vehicles tend to travel at (even the crappzaki is capable of around 200mph). The Dredd vehicle system is good, but most things move at ridiculous speed (upto 400mph), which suggests that maybe 2mm scale is the only way to get them on a table.

However there is a Dredd minitures game, very much in the Necromunda vein coming later this year :D

Back