How does one submit articles/outlines of articles?

A

Anonymous

I am planning on submitting a mission for a roleplaying game for S&P, and I would like to have these questions answered:

1. Since S&P is free...does that mean that you no longer pay for people to send articles in?

2. I have already submitted an article outline to (ibelcher@mongoosepublishing.com), but is that the right e-mail address to send the request? If not, then what is be the correct e-mail address?

3. How long does it take to get a reply?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can answer these questions.

Silent said:
I am planning on submitting a mission for a roleplaying game for S&P, and I would like to have these questions answered:

1. Since S&P is free...does that mean that you no longer pay for people to send articles in?

Yes, authors are still paid, but remember only after the article appears in print!

Silent said:
2. I have already submitted an article outline to (ibelcher@mongoosepublishing.com), but is that the right e-mail address to send the request? If not, then what is be the correct e-mail address?

Yes, that's the correct email for Roleplayer material.

You need to contact Ian Barstow (not Belcher) or Matt Sharp.

Download a copy of S&P from Wargames Online and details of how to submit are presented in the magazine.

Eisho

Artists for Sign and Portents?
I ask becuase just looking at that awesome Were-Insect article I couldn't believe no one stepped up to the plate!
Sweet work by the way...

As of now submit wargaming articles to me (Ian Barstow) at ibarstow@mongoosepublishing.com and RPG stuff to Chris Longhurst at clonghurst@mongoosepublishing.com

And please, don't everybody do RPG adventures because we have enough of these for the next 6 months. Don't let that put you of completely, but if you have a non-adventure article in mind, try that first!

I submitted two articles for Conan RPG early July, but haven't heard back either. I'll wait until the end of December before I write my "Goodbye, Cruel Hyboria!" note and throw myself from the battlements of the palace.
:lol:

No reply is usually good news - ie they don't say 'we love it, we'll be printing it in issue 57', instead the first thing you'll hear is its publication. If they don't like it, they'll ask you to change something.

Greg Smith said:
No reply is usually good news - ie they don't say 'we love it, we'll be printing it in issue 57', instead the first thing you'll hear is its publication. If they don't like it, they'll ask you to change something.

I've been in the biz for 11 years now, and no reply can mean many things. They can't legally publish without a contract being arranged. I think it just means that their schedule is backed up and it might take a while for them to get to it. (I'm struggling to be an optimist.)

Yogah of Yag said:
I've been in the biz for 11 years now, and no reply can mean many things. They can't legally publish without a contract being arranged. I think it just means that their schedule is backed up and it might take a while for them to get to it. (I'm struggling to be an optimist.)

In the specific case of Mongoose, no reply is good. I have submitted a dozen or so articles and have never heard anything other than the occasional 'Thanks' to confirm receipt. There is usually several months of silence before an article is published (18 months in one instance). Also, I signed a single contract at the start.

Back