Hooray!

wazza

Mongoose
Guess what?

James Wallis emailed me the Dragon Warriors prize competition adventure! Aren't I lucky? Needless yo say I am very pleased!

No. The aforementioned adventure--all 7500 words of it--is exclusively a prize for people who found the competition in the Dragon Warriors rulebook, and emailed me the right answer, or at least one that made me smile.

If Dragon Warriors ever goes to a second edition and we completely revise the rulebook, then we might release the adventure as a free download. Until then, it will have a small and exclusive readership.

(Mind you, at some point someone's going to publicly reveal the title of the adventure, and my inbox will be deluged with people going, "Oh, THAT's what it was...")

Magnum Opus Press said:
(Mind you, at some point someone's going to publicly reveal the title of the adventure, and my inbox will be deluged with people going, "Oh, THAT's what it was...")

What? You mean the XXX XXXX XXXX XXX? :D

I reveal this as I have been holding onto this information longer than anyone other than James and Jon.

BTW how many people did guess it right?

Edit: Poopy :(

hal said:
Magnum Opus Press said:

What? You mean the XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXX :D

Can you possibly edit the information out of your post? The name of the adventure is the answer to the competition, and the competition is still open.

Got mine price today. It's an fantastic adventure and an great labour of love for this system. You fellows out there, it's worth every minutes you spend looking for the error.

Thanks James!

taubenschlag said:
Got mine price today. It's an fantastic adventure and an great labour of love for this system. You fellows out there, it's worth every minutes you spend looking for the error.

Thanks James!

Eh, I've read the book probably 200x by now, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too dense to see it. :)

Magnum Opus Press said:
Have another look, Bulya. Work out all the illustrations it couldn't be, think about what's left and you should see what's right.

Clever what you did here...

Is the contest still on? I sent my guess a few days ago (Jeff White) and haven't heard a thing.

Me too! Took me a bluddy age though and I think of myself as being pretty good at spotting this sort of thing.

Warhippo said:
Me too! Took me a bluddy age though and I think of myself as being pretty good at spotting this sort of thing.

I thought I had the answer (going to email later today) but now I see what looks like some sort of clue, and if it is a clue, it doesn't match what I'm thinking of...

Keep trying! I don't think that there's a limit to how many times you can email the Mongoose chaps, and you never know, they might give you another hint : )

It's not the Mongoose guys you need to email, it's the Magnum Opus Press guys--and no, there's no maximum to the number of times you can try to identify the image. And we will give hints if you get it wrong.

It's not easy--it's not meant to be. I will say that the text and the art don't appear on the same page of the rulebook. Here's a quick list of some of the things it isn't:

* It's not a map, a diagram, a comic-strip or one of the tiny 'incidental' items used to fill awkward spaces.
* It's not Sir Balin's changing stats. He's had a run-in with a cursed item or a Wight or something similar.
* It's not the arguably anachronistic telescope on page 43.
* It's not the Destrier on page 86. That is the moon, not the sun.
* It's not the Warlock on page 109. He knows he gets negative spell modifiers for wearing plate, and he doesn't care.
* It's not the size of the compartment in the chest of the Armoured One of Skiosonar.
* We know matey-boy is opening a scroll the wrong way on page 187. That may be why he's looking so puzzled.
* The sharpened lance on p.200 is deliberate. Not everyone in the tourneys plays by the rules.
* It's not the straight-backed Grave Gaunt on page 243.

Keep looking!

Back