HMS Hood - By Danaussie

DanaussieII

Mongoose
Hi guys,

Been a slow few months for me, but it was great to finally get this baby done for my beloved Royal Navy Fleet Project. She had a few broken pieces on her that I needed to try and clean up with the paint and some modelling putty (well...as best I may anyways). I'll be placing another order this month I hope they can be the best models of their kind as I want to be able to show case Mongoose Miniatures.

Anyways Mathew has always been good in terms of a keenness to fix faults and rectify problems so I wont make too much of a fuss about it. I hope you guys like this very special model for a very special project I have been working on, here's HMS Hood:

Thanks for looking guys :D :D :D

Dan

That is very nice. Any chance on a rundown on what colours you used? I have her, amongst others, sitting primed and waiting. Just lost a bit on what colours to use.

quietandy said:
That is very nice. Any chance on a rundown on what colours you used? I have her, amongst others, sitting primed and waiting. Just lost a bit on what colours to use.

Thank you for your comments. :D :D :D

The colours used for this project:

Tamiya TS-4 German Grey (matt) Spray Paint (used as primer)

Nuln Oil Wash (Citadel) used on Superstructure and Hull.

Hull/Superstructure -
Dawnstone (Citadel)- Drybrush
Administratum Grey (Citadel) - Drybrush
Lightened Administratum Grey with Skull White for layered Hi-lights
Chaos Black (Citadel) used for upper superstructure and funnel tops.

Semtex - Red Leather (Vallejo) #70818

Oak Deck -
Beastial Brown (Citadel) base coat
Washed then with Woodgrain Transparent (Vallejo) #70828 & Nuln Oil (Citadel)
Wet Blended with a mix of Bleached Bone (Citadel) & Sunburst Yellow (Citadel) then Bleached Bone lightened with Skull White (Citadel). Further inking Sepia (AS Artist Ink).

Base -
A base coat of Imperial Blue (Vallejo) #72.020
drybrushed with 3 tones light blue to aqua Enchanted Blue I believe now called Caledor Sky (Citadel) to Ice Blue now called Lothern Blue (Citadel) and to Hawk Turquoise now called Sotek Green (Citadel). Skull White now called White Scar drybrushed and hilights for the white water.

Old to New Citadel Colour Chart:

Hope that helps :D :D :D

Dan

Back