High Guard News

Hopefully it is waiting for me at home...

I have a business trip on Thursday and it would be nice to have this for reading in the hotel, rather than watching TV.

Infojunky said:
Dark Lord Skippy said:
Infojunky said:
Guys this is Traveller, release dates are an illusion.

Just be happy anything is being released. T5 any one?

Simply beacuse bad things have been the norm, does not mean that they should be the bar of comparison.

Where does good or bad come into it? The norm is things get delayed.

Is that where we are these days? Everything has been mediocre before, so lets not try to excel.

I certainly hope not.

I've got mine today in the mail.

I think the main "error" is the table of contents page is for Mercenary. There's other errors like (See page xx) with no reference.

Otherwise it looks good with a few new ships.

Mike

Recieved mine today. The only thing I noted is that the table of contents are for Mercenary. Is this the High Guard with the printing problem?

cbrunish said:
The only thing I noted is that the table of contents are for Mercenary. Is this the High Guard with the printing problem?
I think most people would define that as a printing problem! :lol:

cbrunish said:
Recieved mine today. The only thing I noted is that the table of contents are for Mercenary. Is this the High Guard with the printing problem?
Oooh, a collectors item! That'll be worth a few quid in the future!

Gruffty the Hiver said:
cbrunish said:
Oooh, a collectors item! That'll be worth a few quid in the future!

Someone has got to tell me what a quid is...

Jame Rowe said:

Its Brit slang for their crazy money. It's like us Americans calling our money Buck/Green Back/Bean/Clam/Benjamin/Washington/etc.

Jame Rowe said:

It's a small flightless bird which has recently become fashionable in fine dining restaurants in London following celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's successful "Quids In!" TV campaign.

And yet Amazon.ca still awaits their supply and thus can't ship to me.

Ahh well... Maybe an American Thanksgiving gift...

Take care

E. Herdan

I have noticed that in the past year or so that several of the larger RPG companies delay shipping to Amazon (usually about a month) to give FLGSs an opportunity to sell to customers first.

Rikki Tikki Traveller said:
I got my HG this weekend, with the correct ToC!

Many new ships to made!

I like many of the new ship features and the Torpedos are great.

(Quoting myself, how drole...)

I double-checked the TOC and while it is LABELED as High Guard, the actual entries are from Mercenary. So I guess I got one of the "bad" ones.

However, since I don't really use the TOC that much, I am going to keep mine, unless there were other changes besides the TOC?

Beastttt said:
then Last Grenadier should have also

Infojunky said:
My I suggest a trip to Brookhurst Hobbies on Friday....

I used to shop at the grenadier all the time, back when they had a store in Reseda. I stopped shopping at the new Burbank store, they know nothing about gaming...other than miniature war gaming, I would rather wait for amazon or comicsnow.com than give the gren any of my money.

Dyrewulf said:
Beastttt said:
then Last Grenadier should have also

Infojunky said:
My I suggest a trip to Brookhurst Hobbies on Friday....

I used to shop at the grenadier all the time, back when they had a store in Reseda. I stopped shopping at the new Burbank store, they know nothing about gaming...other than miniature war gaming, I would rather wait for amazon or comicsnow.com than give the gren any of my money.

...Huh. I used to shop at TLG in Burbank, and found it to be a fine store -but then again, as gamers go, I'm pretty much into mini gaming as much as RPGs, so I suspect MMMV......

And, it was nice to have a store dedicated to the miniatures niche - there were lots of RPG specialized stores with no support for miniatures (or even board wargames) , at least in the LA area. But I can see where it might be frustrating.

On an OnTopic note, I just got my HG at my FLGS* here in the south SF bay, and its one of the ones with theMerc TOC. Are there any other errors ? Other than that it looks very cool, even if they didn't do a strict power point system for ships.

*a store that wonderfully combines knowledge and support for all three areas (and more), and boy is it great to have staff that knows their stuff and where the stuff is in the store.
Game Kastle, Santa Clara, CA. Check it out.

Back