High Guard is Here!

AndrewW said:
Design decision based on discussion with various people involved in Traveller. The ship was never really meant to be a tail sitter the deck plans corrected this.

Well, this is the new version.
Bull.
I own the box set. For a design oversight they sure did a good job.
Please come up with a better answer.

What is the cost for the Jump control program? They are listed in the ship descriptions, but not in The Ship's Computer section. Is there a minimum processing requirement for a computer to run the Jump Control software?

Is a Core considered a secondary Computer? Can I have two Computers and a Core, or just one Computer and one Core?

vargr1 said:
What is the cost for the Jump control program? They are listed in the ship descriptions, but not in The Ship's Computer section. Is there a minimum processing requirement for a computer to run the Jump Control software?
Core, p151.

vargr1 said:
Is a Core considered a secondary Computer? Can I have two Computers and a Core, or just one Computer and one Core?
As far as I understand a Core is just a computer, so you can not have two regular and a core computer.

allanimal said:
AndrewW said:
allanimal said:
3) Colonial Cruiser, p151, no armor listed...

Again correct, as the S9 Fighting Ships version it is based on also lacks armour.

Ok... Seems odd that a scout or a far trader has more armour than a cruiser...
The Kinunir is cool, but still rather useless as a warship, just as it always have been.

(I rather liked the drop capsules, aka reentry capsules, on the original.)

AnotherDilbert said:
vargr1 said:
Core, p151.

So, the rules for Jump Control are in the Traveller RPG rulebook.

It would be really nice to have that table in High Guard so I don't have to flip back and forth between books.

Sigtrygg said:
Bull.
I own the box set. For a design oversight they sure did a good job.
Please come up with a better answer.

I also have the box set. This was entirely on purpose and was discussed before being done.

-Daniel- said:
LOL, and the race if off.....

Nice to see you were able to fix the PDF and post it. Well done folks. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah this thread is going to singe the wires....

I like that a few ships that were scatted hither thither and yon are now in one place.

Morning PDT,

Minor errata note:

I purchased and downloaded the PDF a few minutes ago. On page 4,PDF p. 5, General the fifth ship entry is Starship which is not in bold type.

Page 5, PDF p. 6, right column none of the ship classifications are in bold type.

Okay, cargo airlocks, they are supposed to be on page 39 but I can't find them at all....I searched every instance of the word airlock and it's no actual description cost, or tonnage for cargo airlocks to be found....am I dense, or is it not there?

Computers and cores don't seem to have a power cost? I'm guessing that it rounds to zero, but perhaps it needs inclyding (like you have with basic sensors) to make it obvious that although it consumes no power, it still needs an operational power plant?

wbnc said:
Okay, cargo airlocks, they are supposed to be on page 39 but I can't find them at all....I searched every instance of the word airlock and it's no actual description cost, or tonnage for cargo airlocks to be found....am I dense, or is it not there?
I've seen cargo hatches somewhere, but not airlocks?

wbnc said:

Seems to have gone missing. Can just use a large regular airlock though.

GarethL said:
Computers and cores don't seem to have a power cost? I'm guessing that it rounds to zero, but perhaps it needs inclyding (like you have with basic sensors) to make it obvious that although it consumes no power, it still needs an operational power plant?

They require power, but don't take enough to have a separate power draw. Just come under basic ships systems.

P12, doesn't mention basic hull radiation protection (500 rads IIRC), it's useful info here and helps with the decision to purchase improved radiation protection.

P17, how do cockpits work with the combat rules? Does the pilot occupy all needed roles (pilot, gunner, etc) does he/she suffer penalties for doing multiple tasks at once?

P21, discusses living spaces - should there be reference to luxury living spaces?

P22, discusses calculating life support costs, but doesn't explain how or provide a reference to the information.

P24, critical hits, I'm guessing that all categories of ship also take crits from spinal weapons? The text implies otherwise.

Back