Good Celtic Minis for Slaine

Fridmarr said:
More Celtic type mini's maybe found at

http://www.flintloque.com/acatalog/ALTERNATIVE_ARMIES_28mm_CELTIC_MYTH___ERIN___THE_GAME_SYSTEM_45.html

Regards,
Fridmarr of the Aesir

Some of those minis are pretty good! Then some look a little smooshed or whipped up quick. But man they would do nicley nontheless! Great Find!

Daithi O'an tSionnaigh said:
Some of those minis are pretty good! Then some look a little smooshed or whipped up quick. But man they would do nicley nontheless! Great Find!

Not so much a find as a rediscovery, I'd bought some a few years back and have recently found the website. Most of the figures are better than those paint jobs make them look and even better they are fairly cheap.

Regards,
Fridmarr of the Aesir

You might want to try those on Wargames Foundry website as well, they do the official 2000AD sets as well, although I'm primarily thinking of the Celts sets..

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/asp/nocookie.asp

Hope you find this useful :wink:

Look what I ordered on Ebay.....

d17d_1.JPG

I just got this yesterday.

It looks just like does in the photo.

Now I'm thinking about painting and dreading the amount of detail and accuracy I'll need for getting the tartan colours to look right and figuring out which of those tartan colours to use.

5b.jpg

Hence the reasons for all my ranting and raving on the Tartan thread.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/forum.php

Did anyone ever consider to use plastic soldiers?
Details are now very good and many historical areas are covered
www.plasticsoldierreview.com

These are always the great standby when in need to minis. And yeah they have gotten better at making the plastic soldiers look even better than ever. However the better the sculpt usually a little higher goes the price.

This is an amazing site!!

These are always the great standby when in need to minis. And yeah they have gotten better at making the plastic soldiers look even better than ever. However the better the sculpt usually a little higher goes the price.

At any rate this is far less expensive than metal minis or even the plastic minis proposed by the RPG industry.

The only problems I see are:
- the scale (0.25 mm instead of the usual 0.28
- the lack of fantastic elements

Yes it may look childish but this is what is used for model building.

The King said:

At any rate this is far less expensive than metal minis or even the plastic minis proposed by the RPG industry.

The only problems I see are:
- the scale (0.25 mm instead of the usual 0.28
- the lack of fantastic elements

I do agree. I would much rather use plastic figures such as these than spend out the butt for what is out there gaming wise and these paint up rather nicely as well.

I had bought some bags of army men for a Weird Wars game I was running. Painted them up and man they looked awesome. Or as awesome as plastic army men that cost me a dollar (for 100) could. They did the ticket alright.

I just got this one in the mail today.

8b.jpg

Warped Slaine. ( Mine isn't painted, yet.) I beleive it's based on the Mike MacMahon version of Slaine.

Considering he's not wearing his tarten or any other clothing, it should be alot easier to paint.

Standing-Stone said:
I just got this one in the mail today.

8b.jpg

Warped Slaine. ( Mine isn't painted, yet.) I beleive it's based on the Mike MacMahon version of Slaine.

Considering he's not wearing his tarten or any other clothing, it should be alot easier to paint.

I love those minis! And that is great! The minis at the Wargame Foundry are awesome and I would buy a lot of them up. But I would get killed on the shipping.

I didn't realise how much little detail the sculpter had included until I actaulley had good look at the piece for myself.

With a exposed spinal columne, and the left calf muscle that looks like it's split in two, not to mention his um.. manhood.

Back