GM screens

Well,

If I had to give an answer I would say, since main racebooks are still coming out, not to mention storyline books with rule additions, etc it is hard to publish a game screen that would include everything that needs to be on one. Not to mention if they had created one after the main book it would be WAY out of date.

For that reason, I personally would NOT like to buy a new gm screen every month, give mongoose time, let them do it right.

PsyJack

I can see both sides, I mean the D&D DM screen probably doesn't have anything from Savage Species or the Psionics Handbooks.

A GM screen usually has the stuff you need all the time, so could pretty much be drawn from the Main Books and any major rule changes from the Season books, stuff from the Race/Organisation books is less likely to be needed as often.

Saying that though, I wouldn't want Mongoose to chuck one out before they're reasy and rush it making a bad product.

As long as they bring one out eventually I'll be a happy bunny!

:wink:

LBH

I'd like to see a GM's screen like the one that Pinnacle produce for Savage Worlds - one that allows inserts for each game.

Mongoose could produce one screen with downloads for inserts for each game.

What a cool idea. You have a three or four panel screen. The inner panels have plastic pockets, as do the outer player panels. Mongoose provide a 32-page reference / supplement / adventure booklet to go with the screen, that also includes a few possible pages of organised rules that can slot into the pockets. The 32-page booklet comes in a shiny picture double-spread that can double as artwork for the outer panels of the screen if you don't have too much information to provide to the players. The inner pockets might best be A5 sized to allow increased flexibility on content. As well as the rules inserts that come in the booklet, PDF sheets can be downloaded. Mongoose could offer cool alternate art for outer pockets, perhaps?

:D

I'll second that, a cool idea but remember

"You can have it good, fast or cheap, pick no more than 2!"

Before I get flamed it's just a general life rule. I think Mongoose products are good and good value, and they come out when they're good and ready.

LBH

Klingon programmer : "Release? Our software is not released! It escapes, leaving a bloody trail of marketing reps and Quality Assurance testers in it's wake!"

Frankly, I have almost always voted for good and cheap. Besides, quick is overated.

After all, it's the journey that determines the destination, not the other way around. :wink:

Greg Smith said:
I'd like to see a GM's screen like the one that Pinnacle produce for Savage Worlds - one that allows inserts for each game.

Mongoose could produce one screen with downloads for inserts for each game.
Here Here!!

This is a fantastic idea. I've been trying to order a similar style screen from Masterscreen (or some similar name, I forget it exactly) and I just can't get one. Apparently they're out of print or something.

A four-part portrait-oriented GM screen with variable downloadable inserts would be absolutely fantastic. Did I mention this is a great idea? Well, I am so 100% behind this that it's scary.

A5 is the right size, perfect for both European and American paper sizes. Mongoose could even print their logo, website, whatever marketing-type information on the panels in some unobtrusive way, and I'd still be 100% behind it.

I'm posting this in the "What Mongoose Should Publish Next" forum, as a break from all that Monkey Magic stuff that 99% of us (including Mongoose) is ignoring.

Back