Gallery Posts <Post Your Pics Here!>

New and Improved Primus. Now with tails!

PrimuswithTail_zps3ffb59ef.jpg

bobbyjack60 said:
Screw you J. Michael Straczynski! You and your insanely hard-to-paint Narn ships.
It's not JMS you need to blame for that. It's Paul Bryant, the CGI artist responsible for the G'Quan, the colour scheme being intended to resemble tribal art. ;) Not all Narn ships have the complicated red/white/black scheme; the T'Loth, for example, has a slightly easier scheme looking like camouflage with grey and two shades of blue. The "Sky Full of Stars" counter set has all sorts of colour schemes on its Narn ships, though the types you've shown all have the red/white/black scheme. When I painted my G'Quan, I did the outlines with marker pen, then filled in the shapes with paint - much easier than trying to get them right just by painting them!

I like the bases on the Starfuries. They look like poker chips. "Raise by three more flights". :lol:

Nice work on all the models! The Poseidon, in particular, has the details picked out very nicely.

The bases are actually thumbtacks bought in bulk at walmart. I get about 200 for $4. All I do is turn them upside down and superglue on a fighter. I paint the inside of the tack and the fighter "stick" black and I leave the rest of the tack it's factory color. That way, I have my flights color coded.

President Clark sends his regards. Shadow Omega, alias Omega-X, alias Advanced Destroyer.

shadow_omega.jpg

First I made the usual modifications for a regular Omega. The middle section was made to rotate as per Burger's instructions here. Small detail rods were added around the front section. Then the Shadow-style spikes had to be added. I'd grabbed a lot of screen shots from "Between the Darkness and the Light", but some of the spikes are guesswork because sometimes a screenshot would show a spike or two, then another screenshot which should have showed the same area in better detail didn't show them at all. Even so, that should be pretty close.

Paint scheme is a coat of overall matt black very lightly sprayed with gunmetal, then the framework lines around the front section were hand-painted with gunmetal. The fluorescent red lights and dull red details on the middle section were then added, and finally the metallic dark blue and red engine exhausts.

Kirishiac Lordship:
lordship.jpg

Or perhaps not. AoG says it's a Lordship. The ACTA Fleet List has that ship with the stats for the Thoughtforce. It's easy enough to find out which one it really is, though. The Fleet List gives the main weapon of the Thoughtforce as a turret arc pulse weapon, and the main weapon of the Lordship as a big forward arc beam. Watch "Into The Fire", look for the spiky ball firing, and decide which of those two descriptions best fits it. :D It doesn't really matter, though, provided the other player knows before the start of the game which stats are going to be used.

As supplied, the model has eight orbiters arranged in a ring around the hull. One of the orbiters' spikes on my model was too short; perhaps the metal hadn't flowed properly into the mould. But none of the screenshots I was using for reference show more than six orbiters, so even if one is obscured, I can still afford to lose one. So off came the deformed orbiter. The same screenshots also show the orbiters to be more widely spread around the hull, so I lopped off another two, cut off their stems, drilled holes in the orbiters and the aft hull piece to accomodate thin metal rods, then reattached the orbiters further round the back. The result looks pretty close to one of the screenshots from the angle shown, with one orbiter hidden behind the nose.

Triumviron:
triumviron.jpg

Each of those prongs contains a beam fully as powerful as the one on a Shadow ship, and when they combine against one target, the total is more than the sum of the parts - this beast is capable of sending 22D of precise triple beam downrange.

The model consists of one part for the tail and two lower prongs, one for the upper prong, and one for the hexagonal bracing. The part for the two prongs needed some heavy bending because as supplied, it was almost flat. Getting the bracing into place and properly lined up was a bit tricky - you need to do this before you glue on the top prong, otherwise the bracing won't go in at all. Once that was done, the upper prong went into place fairly easily.

The photo of the Triumviron in the Fleet List book seems to show the stand attached to the lower pod on the hexagonal bracing, which I didn't like as it would put the weight of the model onto the thin bracing struts. So I drilled a hole just forward of the tail piece and fitted the stand there.

AdrianH said:
President Clark sends his regards. Shadow Omega, alias Omega-X, alias Advanced Destroyer.

shadow_omega.jpg

First I made the usual modifications for a regular Omega. The middle section was made to rotate as per Burger's instructions here. Small detail rods were added around the front section. Then the Shadow-style spikes had to be added. I'd grabbed a lot of screen shots from "Between the Darkness and the Light", but some of the spikes are guesswork because sometimes a screenshot would show a spike or two, then another screenshot which should have showed the same area in better detail didn't show them at all. Even so, that should be pretty close.

Paint scheme is a coat of overall matt black very lightly sprayed with gunmetal, then the framework lines around the front section were hand-painted with gunmetal. The fluorescent red lights and dull red details on the middle section were then added, and finally the metallic dark blue and red engine exhausts.

I like your Shadow destroyers. I am unwilling to sacrifice any of my Omegas to make one.

Here are two Sharlin Warcruisers orbiting a planet while waiting for their support ships to arrive.
MimbariTwins2_zpsc2k1zgzc.jpg

Here comes the support ships.
MimbariSupport1_zpsoe7dlt86.jpg

Here's the fleet moving off to complete their mission

MimbariTF1_zpsewfz7jsp.jpg

I don't think my Mimbari have enough "tiger stripes" in the paint scheme but, I'm still happy with how they turned out. Next up in the shipyard is another Primus and four Havens.

I'm currently working on a large planet along with a Centauri System Defense fleet. It will consist of
1x Primus
2x Vorchans
1X Altarian
1x Corvus
4x Haven Patrol Boats
12X Rutarian Fighters.

This fleet should keep those dirty Narns away.

I should have photos up by the end of the weekend.

Hey its always a day at the beach ... when youre at the beach

Just post the KGB and Alien Mercs, if you gotm But feel free to post any of your other SEM pics too . What ever is easiest for you

Many Thanks

Back