Frustrated - No Map Yet for the Shadizar Boxed Set

Well it has been 6 months since I was supposed to recieve my Shadizar map in the mail. In the past 6 months, I've sent numerous emails and have not recieved a reply. This is extremely frustrating, as I'm a big supporter of Mongoose's Conan product line - I own Conan - The RPG - Atlantean Edition, The Road of Kings, The Pirate Isles, The Free Companies, Shadizar - City of the Wicked, and Aquilonia rpg books.

To compound the problem, my fellow gamers and I have since left Shadizar, without ever experiencing the new map. Not really sure where or how to advance from here, so I just thought I would vent a little and get this off my chest.

- Hollywoood

Hang in there. Mongoose is a far better publisher than others I have seen. Trust me. I've been in publishing for ten years now and have come to know of some pretty atrocious publishing companies.

I heard or read somewhere they were reprinting a second batch of the new map.
There is a thread somewhere there (get the new shadizar map) where you can e-mail someone at Mongoose.
Meanwhile you can download it from the site.

Same for me. I emailed the guy I was supposed to email months and months ago.
I'm trying so hard to get back into RPGs, but it is hard. The only company that seems to have plenty of money and staff and high production values is WOTC, and I hate their game. I really like Conan and WFRP, but the typoes and lack of maps and so forth are just dissappointing.

Paluka said:
Same for me. I emailed the guy I was supposed to email months and months ago.
I'm trying so hard to get back into RPGs, but it is hard. The only company that seems to have plenty of money and staff and high production values is WOTC, and I hate their game. I really like Conan and WFRP, but the typoes and lack of maps and so forth are just dissappointing.

I'm in the same boat here emailed him and recieved back a confirmation that it was being sent that was months ago.

I downloaded the Shadazar map file graphic from the download section. And I am going to see if I can get it printed at a local print shop on poster paper when I get paid.

As I've mentioned before I was emailed back that Mongoose ran out of maps due to high demand and they were printing some more.

I'm happy to wait but can understand the frustration if your game has moved out of the Shadizar area.

Strom said:
As I've mentioned before I was emailed back that Mongoose ran out of maps due to high demand and they were printing some more.

I'm happy to wait but can understand the frustration if your game has moved out of the Shadizar area.

I never got that email or seen a posting on the boards here to that effect. I was just told that it was on it's way and that was the last of it. I admit I haven't gone out of my way to see why I never got my map and had actually forgotten about it until this post.

Fact is that when I look at the old map of Shadizar, I see a big canal with only one bridge and with the real river near from the city wall. Even if it wasn't a fake, it would have been crap.
The new one is far representative of the city.

nah but every time I think the guy is going to let me down he comes up smelling of roses again :roll: ie conan first edition or the map thing

I'm in the same boat as you man, I really want that map cause I feel somehow incomplete about that box set.

When I first drop a line to Mongoose they answer me in 2 or 3 weeks, explain me the thing with the reprints, but that was months ago, hope to have some news from them soon. :(

Thanks for all the replies and info. Sorry I haven't posted sooner - just got back from Christmas Hollidays, you all know what it's like, heheheh. I didn't know about the download option, so that is cool to know. Having re-read my original post I realize it may have come across and very critical of Mongoose. That was certainly not my intention, as I believe on the whole that Mongoose really does a wonderful job with their Conan Product Line. It is very well done and accurately portrays the 'feel' of Conan. Not getting the map hasn't deterred me in the least from purchasing more Conan products. Thanks again for the replies ...

- Hollywood

Just took a look at the map in the download section. Man that is a sweet map of Shadizar! That is an awesome map!!! Way better than the other one! Wow!

- Hollywood

I'm going to revive this thread a bit, just curious if Mongoose ever sent out any of these replacement maps to customers who bought the Shadizar box set? I sent them an email and recieved a confirmation that a replacement was being sent to me, but that was almost a year ago, never did get a map. Did they decide to discontinue this in favor of customers downloading and printing the replacement map on their own? If so was there an anouncement to this effect that I missed?

thanks.

Back