French Lone Wolf RPG

Floribur said:
Useful class description! One of my players chose a Toranese Archer and loved to play it.

Thank you.

I wrote the work for Mongoose, was paid by Mongoose, and signed a S&P writer's contract. The article becomes Mongoose property, however, the contract promises both a credit and a copy of the published work.

It wouldn't be the first time I have done work for Mongoose and not been credited.

beowuuf said:
Sadly my french is non-existant so it will take quite a while to get any I might liek from it, but the GC art is cool
You're right, I forgot to mention the art:
- a brillant cover by Alberto Dallago, showing both Lonewolf and Grey Star;
- some exclusive Gary Chalk full page drawings;
- a lot of extracts from the Lonewolf and World of Lonewolf gamebooks by the different artists having illustrated them from Gary til Rich Longmore;
- a lot of new drawings from professional or amateur illustrators.

Greg Smith said:
The article becomes Mongoose property, however, the contract promises both a credit and a copy of the published work.
That seems normal.
Then you just have to ask an exemplary to Le Grimoire, I think. :D

Greg Smith said:
It wouldn't be the first time I have done work for Mongoose and not been credited.
Mongoose wouldn't be the faulty one.
I check tonight if you're credited or not.

Greg, I checked and you're credited!
Not for your text, but in the general credits, along with August Hahn, Joe Dever and Matt Thomason (author of The Vagabond).
But at less you weren't forgotten, that's better.

Then, maybe you can ask an exemplary of Le Grimoire du Magnamund to Le Grimoire (each french contributor received 2 exemplaries).

That's great. Thank you for looking. An exemplary would be nice - I will see if I can find an email address , and hope an english email is ok.

For the copy, ask in English (they'll understand) at <infos@legrimoire.net>.
I hope it will be OK for you.
And would like to read your comments about this collective work!

For the copy, there's another email, the same person <redaction@legrimoire.net>

I hope you'll have a response.

I hope too that we'll see soon an English translation of all the new texts we included in "Le Grimoire du Magnamund". These texts belong to us, not to Le Grimoire.

Right, this second email address functions too, thanks for Greg, Lokhuzor.

Just a precision about our texts and maps: they belong tu us, AND to Le Grimoire too I think. But we can without any problem make translations if we want (and I'd want to).

Email sent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It would be cool to have a copy, but 50 Euro is a bit steep too buy a book that I won't be able to read.

EDIT: just seen one on ebay, so I've bid on it.

Had a quick reply from Sebastien Boudaud at Le Grimoire, they are sending me 2 copies! :D

Looks like my ebay bid was premature. :oops: (But it is signed by Joe D.)

Great, I'm happy for you!
And for ebay, maybe someone will bid higher than you. But if you like signed copies...
And this Joe selling items on ebay is the true Joe Dever, quite interesting transaction, wouldn't it? :)

My ebay copy arrived. It makes me wish I could read French.

I am reasonably sure the ebay seller is Joe Dever himself. The signatures match the original items I have signed by him. He has access to a variety of LW items that aren't available elsewhere (calendars, old LW club items, and the reprinted game books - which only Mongoose sell).

Greg Smith said:
My ebay copy arrived. It makes me wish I could read French.

I am reasonably sure the ebay seller is Joe Dever himself. The signatures match the original items I have signed by him. He has access to a variety of LW items that aren't available elsewhere (calendars, old LW club items, and the reprinted game books - which only Mongoose sell).

Tell me about it, I wish I could read French too! In absense of a translated version any time soon, I might occasionally dip into the book comparing it to my old LWRPG versions and see if I can spot any interesting new areas to translate :D

And yes, the seller does indeed seem to be Joe himself, which makes it all the more embarrassing that I managed to go on Christmas holidays before realising I'd actually won my copy.

Despite him usually waiting for payment, I think he sent it out to catch the pre-Christmas post, which was very nice of him aswell. :oops:

Greg Smith said:
No. I wrote two articles for S&P and that was it.

I don't get the time to sit down and write these days.
Too much work, or do you take a lot of time playing in other universes?
I've got this "problem": I love too other universes and "spend" time too with them. :)

beowuuf said:
I wish I could read French too! In absense of a translated version any time soon, I might occasionally dip into the book comparing it to my old LWRPG versions and see if I can spot any interesting new areas to translate :D
I listed upper the differences between original and french versions of Magic of Magnamund and The Darklands. If you want, I can quote for you the exact pages. But if you can't read French, better we make the transalation (or ask someone knowing English and French)?
And if someone here is really interested by something we wrote, just tell me what, and we'll consider to priorize the translation of that part.

beowuuf said:
Despite him usually waiting for payment, I think he sent it out to catch the pre-Christmas post, which was very nice of him aswell. :oops:
I was very surprized too the first time I bought to him some stuff (the LW calendar), beacause he sent me the item before I paid him!

Floribur said:
And, of course, if Bittermind (I met in Paris during Le Salon du Jeu trade fair) is still interested in translating it, it could fasten the process! :lol:
I just saw this message. I'll send a personal message back - through Project Aon, as I seem to spend more of my time over there.

Back