Fond Memories... mayhaps not....

onyl one problem with that is that a Wizard's Staff is not an artifact, and it is no where as powerful as the Sommerswerd...

That is, unless a Shianti Wizard's Staff is badder-@$$ed than a Magician of Dessi's staff...

So, August, who has the baddest staff....

Wait, that didn't sound right at all.... :oops:

Oh, I dunno. To me the Wizard's Staff (whether Shianti or Magician of Dessi) seems like a minor artifact in its own right: indestructible, and allows inflicted damage to be multiplied by expended Willpower.

So it would really boil down to a contest between whether the Sommerswerd's massive bonus to Combat Skill is a bigger advantage than the Wizard's Staff ability to multiply damage by expended Willpower.

To me, it's a toss up, and depends on the results of the 'roll': If Lone Wolf rolls high enough, Grey Star either is killed outright or potentially burns off enough Willpower that he doesn't have any for a second strike (fat chance if GS only expends something like 10 or so Willpower each round for the first two rounds). If he doesn't, Grey Star potentially kills him outright due to the multiplication of damage.

I hate to say it, but if I were a betting man, I'd be inclined to bet on GS if he has the Wizard Staff, and both characters are just post Book 2.

How did fond memories turn into "the battle of heroes" :)

I personally think Lone Wolf would win, just cause of all those powers of the Magnakai, but earlier on the victory would go to Grey Star. Using elementalism or sorcery with a ranged attack, then when up at duel range he uses his WP to multiply the damage, quickly the Kai Lord will fall. The only chance that Lone Wolf has is that if he has the Sommerswerd he can defelct the attacks at range and then it becomes a close range duels, if he misses and GS hits he can wither him away, but if LW succeeds at his strikes more, then the Sommerswerd gretter damage abilities would win. In hand to hand, I think it depends how far they start apart. The further away the more chances GS has to win.

Now sort of back to the original topic, the one memory I have of GS to even this day was when he first sees Tanith and tries all so hard to impress her, he sounds like a horny dog when you read the text. As for LW is all the times I show the seal of Hammerdale to the gaurds, "the one treasure they all can reconise and the one that they wish they would never see".

oh , yeah... GS trying to put the moves on esentially a prison worker while he himself is BEHIND BARS AND BLEEDING LIKE A $%^#%@$ :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :) :|

And of course, after 3 more books, they're married...

Back