Field Catalogue - High-Grade Equipment for your Travellers!

Weapon: Generic 6 Revolver
Type: Medium-Calibre Revolver
Component Cost Weight Other Factors
Receiver Type: Handgun Cr200 0.5kg

I'm trying to figure out why the default cost is two hundred starbux and the weight half a kilogramme.

I, as well, am having difficulties figuring out the weapon construction rules. There seems to be a lot of contradictions in the examples they provide. Also, it seems that most weapons from the CSC are impossible to reverse engineer using the construction rules. Some clarifications would be extremely helpful.

Weapon: Civilian Shotgun
Type: Longarm
Receiver Type: Longarm Cr400 3kg Quickdraw 0

Why does the civilian shotgun longarm receiver start off with three kilogrammes, instead of two and a half?

I, as well, am having difficulties figuring out the weapon construction rules. There seems to be a lot of contradictions in the examples they provide. Also, it seems that most weapons from the CSC are impossible to reverse engineer using the construction rules. Some clarifications would be extremely helpful.
Geir stated in the CSC update thread that CSC gear is NOT amenable to reverse engineering.

Last edited:
Weapon: Compact PDW
Type: Small Assault Weapon
Receiver Type: Assault Cr300 1kg Quickdraw 2

This is not a question of reverse engineering guns from Central Supply, it's trying to figure out why the example worksheets don't correspond with the rules drawn from the same book.

Receiver Type: Light Support Weapon Cr1500 5kg Quickdraw -4
Ammunition Type: Anti-Materiel +150% +50% Base Damage: 5D
Ammunition Cost: Cr1500 per 100 rounds.
Base Range: 1,000m
Base Ammunition Capacity: 30 Rounds
Signature: Physical (extreme)
Bulky
Ammunition Capacity -60%
Mechanism: Repeater -50% — Ammunition Capacity -50%
Modified Ammunition Capacity: -50% -25% -25% Ammunition Capacity -50% (3 rounds)
Receiver Totals Cr1400 5.625kg —

1'500 x 1.5 = 2'250
2'250 x 0.5 = 1'125
1'125 x 0.75 = 843.75

5 x 1.5 = 7.5
7.5 x 0.75 = 5.625

Weapon TL Range Damage Kg Cost Magazine
Magazine
Cost Quickdraw Traits
Crunch Gun
(ball)
4 1250m 5D 13.1 Cr3130 3 Cr75 -8 Bulky, Physical
Signature
(extreme), Scope
Crunch Gun
(explosive)
8 1250m 6D 13.1 Cr3130 3 Cr300 -8 Bulky, Lo-Pen 2,
Physical Signature
(extreme), Scope,

Presumably, advanced projectile weapon, but that's technological level nine, so unclear how that managed at four and eight, since it's clear that range has been increased by twenty five percent.

And of course, unclear how the sticker price was arrived at.

This is not a question of reverse engineering guns from Central Supply, it's trying to figure out why the example worksheets don't correspond with the rules drawn from the same book.
No doubt. It's one reason I stopped trying to put it on a spreadsheet. Was having trouble implementing everything on one sheet... Might go back and make separate tabs for each type one day... Today is not that day.
I was specifically responded to the reverse engineer part of the post I responded to.

Moving on.

Weapon: Flintlock Jazail
Receiver Type: Longarm Cr400 3kg Quickdraw 0

Magazine
Cost Quickdraw Traits
Jazail 3 125m 3D-2 3.2 Cr140 1 Cr0.25 0 Inaccurate -1, Lo-Pen 3,
Physical Signature (very high),
Slow Loader 12,
Unreliable 2

In theory, the end result should be four kilogrammes, and not four and seven tenths.

In general I think the Field cat needs a revision to fit in better with the CSC and core book equipment, Long with a clearer step by step layout in designing a new gun.

I do love the idea of the field cat but it feels in some ways a bit rushed, now that might well be due to reasons like the pandemic or other reasons but still it feels rushed,

Magazine
Cost Quickdraw Traits
Crunch Gun
(ball)
4 1250m 5D 13.1 Cr3130 3 Cr75 -8 Bulky, Physical
Signature
(extreme), Scope
Crunch Gun
(explosive)
8 1250m 6D 13.1 Cr3130 3 Cr300 -8 Bulky, Lo-Pen 2,
Physical Signature
(extreme), Scope,

Presumably, advanced projectile weapon, but that's technological level nine, so unclear how that managed at four and eight, since it's clear that range has been increased by twenty five percent.

And of course, unclear how the sticker price was arrived at.

Got that wrong, the twenty five percent increase can be explained by very long barrel.

Bill of materials would still be needed.

Environment Suit... P131

"A chest piece is also available, increasing armour to Protection +6 and housing an array of tools or weapon pouches"

Environment Suit with Chest Piece and Full Helmet +9 (+12 vs heat and cold)

Should this be +6 or +9 do you think?

Chapter 10: Heavy Equipment
There's a typo in the Field Medical Unit: even the Ancients never got to TL 32 so I really doubt that such a magical device is available to Mercenaries.

Also: the Field Armory uses 8 spaces in a vehicle and weighs 4000 kilos, the Field Medical Unit uses 20 spaces in a vehicle and weighs 2500 kilos (more than twice as many spaces, almost half the weight)... I can live with those. But the Field Barracks takes up 6 spaces but only weighs 120 kilos? It's (strong) man-portable? I imagine that's also a typo.

What TL? A tent and 6 cots, plus a portable stove can be carried by a couple of people from the transport to the spot they set it up at.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the forums but where is the pdf download for the Advacned Weapon Design Worksheet?
It says in the Field Catalogue book that it should be available but it isn't on the free downloads section of the Mongoose website. I know that there is a sheet at the back of the book but it does still have the "Generic 6 Revolver" in the Weapon part of the sheet.

I do not understand in why someone would use HEAP rounds over Advanced AP. HEAP is a highter TL, cost more and raise signature for the same amount of pen. Is there someting I missread?

I do not understand in why someone would use HEAP rounds over Advanced AP. HEAP is a highter TL, cost more and raise signature for the same amount of pen. Is there someting I missread?
Advanced AP doesn't work on handguns and smoothbores.
HEAP works on anything that is 10mm+
So, for example, the Adjudicator is an 11mm handgun. You could use HEAP but not AdvAP (assuming you'd want to)

Back