Errata for Pirates of Drinax

Is there a compiled errata for PoD? I noticed that there are several UWP codes different between the Trojan Reach book and the Worlds of the New Kingdom tables at the back of the main PoD book. So is there an updated PDF, or an errata sheet?

To be honest, I always treat UWP Codes with a pinch of salt - most traveller books vary a little, and they all vary from travellermap (which is explicitly recommended as being canon).

My take on it is that in-game the UWP system is written by the scout service but isn't perfect, there are errors and local circumstances can change (populations shift, governments change, extensive industrialisation or a natural disaster can taint the atmosphere, etc).

So, I, as the GM, just pick the source I like as canon for the area of interest (usually based on convenience for me).

The players get whatever's easiest for me to give them as a guide to the area.

If differences crop up, well, that's life, and maybe if appropriate they can earn a little cash on the side 'updating' the scout services data,

To be honest, I always treat UWP Codes with a pinch of salt - most traveller books vary a little, and they all vary from travellermap (which is explicitly recommended as being canon).
If there is a difference between Mongoose and Travellermap mention it, it is likely an error.

I do love the travellermap. It lets the players pick out planets or subsectors they want to explore. I haven't refereed Pirates of Drinax but instead used it for some NPCs.

Yeah, I planned to choose my own UWP's for some worlds anyways, like Marduk (TL5? Nope, I changed it to TL2 for the locals). But what I wanted to know was if there was any corrected errata to at least make the info in the two books from the same slipcase set consistent.

Back