Eight of these Arab Gents into THAT small a car?????

emperorpenguin said:
Armchair_Marine said:
Remove the bases, and I think the pickup's scale should look more belivable..

Having just bought and assembled a 1:72 Challenger and British Infantry and compared them to my BFEvo versions the scale IS off

Either the men are too big or the vehicles too small but the scale isn't correct.
The Challengers are almost identical in size but the BFEvo infantry are FAR bigger than the 1:72s

well, to find out, grab a tape measure and a calculator and figure out the scale :)

My understanding of the scale involved with BF is that it is approx 1/64 not 1/72 -- a definitely noticeable difference.

Main issue on optical appearances as has been discussed literally dozens of times THE BASES... they make everything appear to be in a different scale.

The human figures are in the same scale .... it is a miniatures game ... it is a game etc.

If it is a problem each of you figure out your own solution (such as make up a Verlinden level diorama base with each vehicle having appropriate troops permanently debased and attached directly to the base) that would look great but as playing pieces it would totally suck.

All just my own personal opinions. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CudaHP said:
My understanding of the scale involved with BF is that it is approx 1/64 not 1/72 -- a definitely noticeable difference.

Main issue on optical appearances as has been discussed literally dozens of times THE BASES... they make everything appear to be in a different scale.

The human figures are in the same scale .... it is a miniatures game ... it is a game etc.:

but that is my point, they are not the same scale! and this has nothing to do with the bases!
a 1:72 scale tank is minutely smaller than a 1:64 BFEvo version
However the actual FIGURE (not the base) of a man is much, much smaller

the scale is good if you presume all troopers are around 6foot tall like my self.

also the scale is 1:65 NOT 1:64

1:64 is the corgi scale and if you comapre the corgi 1:64 (larger scale than evo) you find its nearly the same size as the forces of valor 1:72 stuff.

my advise is look at old threads will all the maths an examples given, or just enjoy the game, eith way rest assured the scale is pretty close to spot on.

Mr Evil said:
the scale is good if you presume all troopers are around 6foot tall like my self.

also the scale is 1:65 NOT 1:64

1:64 is the corgi scale and if you comapre the corgi 1:64 (larger scale than evo) you find its nearly the same size as the forces of valor 1:72 stuff.

my advise is look at old threads will all the maths an examples given, or just enjoy the game, eith way rest assured the scale is pretty close to spot on.

sorry Evil but that is just wrong, 1:72 25mm figures are based on being 6 foot tall which destroys that argument
as for 1:64 or 1:65 it doesn't matter that is too small to explain the difference!
A BF:evo figure is 35mm tall

ok im 6 foot tall thats about 183 cm or 1830mm

1830 divided by 65 = 28.15 mm or for simplicity 28mm

goese to grab a force recon guy

ok force recon sergeant is 30.06mm on a vern

so lets go 30.06 multiplied by 65 =1953.9 for simplicity we shall say 1954 (rounded up)

grabs tape measure

just under 77" im a brit we use those :D

6'5"

tall i agree then we take into acount my comabt boots, they add an inch and a half to my height so now our force recon guy is 6'3(1/2)"

now my british combat helmet (i know its not a recon one but its all i got) that adds another 2" / 2(1/2)" (maybe evan 3" but its hard to gauge) to my height so now out force recon guy is a about 6'1" hes an inch taller than me !!!

ok so 1" in 1/65 scale is 25.4mm divided by 65 thats 0.39mm

so yes infantry i would say are over sized in height by 0.39mm

i think their close enough for me.

on other threads ive done the same thing for vehicles and they all seem to be acurate to within an inch or so of the real thing.

the modles are fine as far as i can see, i think its just perception is the problem.

lol yep serious perception - that vehicle must have 4 foot MEA getting into it to squeeze in 8. definately doesnt have the boxed squad ;)

A bit off here, but a friend of mine who used to work for the US Border Patrol talks about a desert convoy of three 15pax vans that had been stripped out to fit 40 people each!

120 illegals fleeing into the mountains of Arizona...

britneyfan97 said:
A bit off here, but a friend of mine who used to work for the US Border Patrol talks about a desert convoy of three 15pax vans that had been stripped out to fit 40 people each!

120 illegals fleeing into the mountains of Arizona...

viva mexico, undele undele! ariba!!!

Mr Evil said:
dont think any of my bf evo figs are 35mm tall !!!!!!

sorry it's 32mm just double checked

now if the figures are supposed to be 1:65 then a 32mm figure = 208cm or 83.2 inches or 7 foot tall!

They ARE oversized!

1:65 should be 28mm

wich figure did you measure ?

if you mean mustafa then yes he is oversized as are alot of the MEA but that was covered a while back in another thread.

Chiwie said:
well, to find out, grab a tape measure and a calculator and figure out the scale :)

I did that once and the vehicle was spot on. I think maybe a mm off here and there, but more than close enough for government work.

Chiwie said:
lets just say there graphic designer was fired.... :lol:

... at.

hmm, odd. My tallest straightest-postured figures are 30mm tall including the base. 28mm sans base (base is 2mm high). I have every BF:Evo Unit released to date.

I have no idea what 28mm tall makes a man if it is 1/65 scale, but this is how tall the ones I bought are. Especially if you take into account probably 1 more mm or so for boots & helmet height. :wink:

then you're measuring wrong! :wink: :p

I get 32mm

I really can't understand how anyone can look at those figures and honestly say they are scaled to the vehicles! :shock:

get yourself a 1:72 tank and figures and see the discrepancy

maybe thats cuz there not 1:72 scale

also the of note is the tusk is smaller than the M1A1 apparently.

1:72 tanks are close they are not SPOT on for size but visualy close enough.

MGP BFevo stuff is very much inscale, end of the day though they are game peices, and as is often said at some point in the other, shut up and play :) and enjoy what you got, i used a vernea to measure my figs as a tape measure is to prone to miscalculation.

wich figure of the brits did you measure ? as i cant find one thats 32mm tall ! and as many know i own every fig from wave 1 to 3.

end of the day though evan if they were 32mm tall it wouldnt be a problem game wise, and after all its a game, you never see people posting why GW imp guard have 60" chest measurments do you !!!

Mr Evil said:
maybe thats cuz there not 1:72 scale!

:roll: you aren't listening! I said compare a 1:72 tank to a 1:72 soldier now do the same with the (supposedly) 1:65 BFEvo tank and soldier

the difference is striking

MGP BFevo stuff is very much inscale, .

I think you need to go to Specsavers! :lol:

wich figure of the brits did you measure ? as i cant find one thats 32mm tall !

All of them! You're clearly not measuring right! Put your tape measure at the bottom of the boot and measure!

emperorpenguin said:
[

wich figure of the brits did you measure ? as i cant find one thats 32mm tall !

All of them! You're clearly not measuring right! Put your tape measure at the bottom of the boot and measure!

well i can garantee the kneeling down guy isnt 32mm without evan measuring :D

Back