Eight of these Arab Gents into THAT small a car?????

ok measuring 6 of each

MG 30.5mm

sa pointing 31.6mm

sa down 31.1mm

i took sa pointing of base (ok one fell of) and remeasured and hes once you clean the crap of his foot 30.6mm

this is with an electronic calibrated vernea.

which would mean that if they are supposed to be 28mm figs, they are indeed oversized by 2-3mm which is enough

Those of us saying the men are too big compared to the vehicles aren't crazy! :lol:

im blessed with alot of gear around my house, much to the amusment of friends and visitors amoung them are dummies in military gear, somtimes for hire, this is one at top of my stairs and he measures with a DIY tape measure (not that curate i agree) 197cm or 1970mm tall with the gear on him.

here he is

DSC00095.jpg

1970mm divided by 65 = 30.30mm

id say mongoose are pretty close.

by the way mongoose scale to 6foot 1/72 scale is scaled to 5'8" - 5'10" often choosing 172cm as the height as its easy to remeber ie 1:72 scale is a 172cm sized man ;) sounds daft so a 1:72 scale figure is about 24mm hieght if standing straight they do it to eye ball as thats the height of the eyes on a 6 foot man.

now you know one of the reasons they chose 1:72 as a popular scale ;)

so now measure your 1/72 scale men if they are 24mm to top of a bare head they are 5'6/5'8" by design if they are 24mm to eye ball thye are 6' tall ;)

PS my dummy has been used for scale computer modling :D he can earn £300 a week !!!!

hope that helps.

er if 30mm is 1:65 that makes the figures 6 and a half feet tall!

average human height is 5'7 worldwide

1:72 scale figures are 25mm tall = 180cm = 6 feet

Just looking at the size of the models compared to the vehicles tells you Mongoose got it wrong!

Stop fighting a losing battle! :wink:

actualy i think your fighting a battle lost a long time ago, im just trying to help you, also look above boots and hemmet ads hieght to our soldier.

all im doing is giving you evidence to help you out.

25mm maybe the height of your 1:72mm fugs but thats to top of helmet, naked scale he would 24mm tall.

like i said think about it why did they choose 1:72 scale ? cuz they could then scale it to a 172cm tall man ;) nice and easy and 172cm gives you just under 5'8" tall and as most the world uses metric for scale thats why they chose 1:72 :D 1:70 was to short and 1:74 was the other option but 1:72 was chosen probably due to the fact that 72 divided by 2 is 36 so converting 1/35 scale kits to 1:72 is easier.

but all the facts and figures in the world arnt going to convince you it seems, so i suggest rather than see the real truths , just not enjoy life and the minis and continue to critisise stuff that doesnt need it. whatever floats your boat i guese.

as many know i was the first to complain about the scale choice, and on getting the figs and do the maths and modling i had to eat hummble pie and say i was wrong and infact for scale there the most spot on range so far.

its easier to critisise than compliment, and im happy mongoose has done things to scale and not done the easy thing of slightly oversized tanks to sell them.

its about perception V maths, perception looses maths wins, but unfortunatly alot of gamers are visual first, as was i, unfortunatly the real world isnt visual first.

as noted befor in other threads, MGP scaled to 6'tall men thinking that was average, wich was a slight mistake compared to other ranges that scale to 5'8" - 5'10" but then as amny who know the MGP office they are on average all over 6' buy 2" approx

wave 3 has seen a slight reduction in height just enough to bring in line with short peoples height but not enough to look daft V wave 1 mini's

emperorpenguin said:
er if 30mm is 1:65 that makes the figures 6 and a half feet tall!

:

like i showed my dummy was just over in scale 30mm tall so yes a guy in military gear will be around 6'6" by your calculation.

ps we call this dummy mickey :D

so if the guys are the right height is the vehicle totally out of proportion then? cos thats one hell of a squeeze to get 4 guys in the cab of one of them besides the driver. especially when carrying weapons and in body armour with webbing.
Have done it in landrovers and the most you really want in there is driver +3.

The figure are slightly too big. The vehicles are 1/65. First off most people around the world are not 6'6". But 5'5". The MEA are way too tall, as are the PLA. The USMC and EFTF are also too tall on average.

Just keepin it real. :lol:

But I have learned to live with the MP scale. Even if it is wrong. :roll:

The tiny vehicles do not represent the best work MGP has done so far.
I was very disappointed as I received my PLA and EFTF Tank. :(

Benwick said:
The tiny vehicles do not represent the best work MGP has done so far.
I was very disappointed as I received my PLA and EFTF Tank. :(

I thought we just made it clear the vehicles are the right size, the troops are too large. :roll:

I am fine with the scale on just about everything, but the Technicals do seem to small to me. as anyone done the math on a Toyota hilux? I don't own one to check the scale myself.

Mr Evil said:
like i said think about it why did they choose 1:72 scale ? cuz they could then scale it to a 172cm tall man ;) nice and easy

yes I know!
you keep missing my point a 1:72 scale figure is 1 inch tall equating to 72 inches

a 1:65 figure should be 28mm tall but they are instead 31 by your own measurement

that is why myself, OS and several others are saying they are too tall! :wink:

Mr Evil said:
rear seat i a crew cab can acomidate 3 bums normaly.

true and we do. but when everyone has webbing and bodyarmour plus rifles its just not feasable to get more than 3+driver in the front of a twin cab.

Combine that with the fact that in one of the pictures I posted features an actual Toyota that the Technicals are supposed to portray, and it comes ith passangers...

The Old Soldier said:
I thought we just made it clear the vehicles are the right size, the troops are too large. :roll:

Oh really? Then it is quite strange why MGP called it a 28mm game shortly before it was released!? :?:

I just hoped to play some weird crossover battles (SST vs BF:Evo). But it just doesn't fit in case of the MI. Very sad.*sigh*

Really, guys, come on, who cares what the measurements say, you only have to look at them to see that the vehicles and people scales are different. Go stand next to a Hi'lux, or mitsubishi Animal, or any 4*4, see how proportional you are to it, then look at the figures and vehicles! Ep is spot on with what he is saying.

A lot of the visual problem comes from the fact that part of a figures opticle are includes dramatic poses, and the base. Both mak a figure look larger. Because of this I have found that slightly oversized vehicles and terrian looks better with a figure, even when out of scale.

emperorpenguin said:
Mr Evil said:
like i said think about it why did they choose 1:72 scale ? cuz they could then scale it to a 172cm tall man ;) nice and easy

yes I know!
you keep missing my point a 1:72 scale figure is 1 inch tall equating to 72 inches

a 1:65 figure should be 28mm tall but they are instead 31 by your own measurement

that is why myself, OS and several others are saying they are too tall! :wink:

Ok, one thing to point out. 28mm [or 25mm] is measured from the bottom of the feet to the eyes. not bottom of base to top of head. I have a freind who is a sculpter and he explained this to me once.

Gobbo said:
Ok, one thing to point out. 28mm [or 25mm] is measured from the bottom of the feet to the eyes. not bottom of base to top of head. I have a freind who is a sculpter and he explained this to me once.

it still makes BFEvo figures too tall compared to the vehicles :wink:

A Chally Two is 8 foot 3 inches from ground to top of turret. Just place a BFEvo figure next to it and see how tall they appear!

Back