Eight of these Arab Gents into THAT small a car?????

Xorrandor said:
I thought saying that all soldiers are 6 feet tall was fessing up and admiting the scale is wonky. I'm not going to fess up and say soldiers are 7 feet tall, because the numbers just don't support it. ?

I measured my Brits to 32mm

32mm * 65 = 208cm = 83 inches = 6'11"
that's a lot of boot and helmet :wink:

alternatively 31mm *65 = 201.5cm = 80 inches = 6'8"

even 30mm = 78 inches = 6'5"

the numbers do support it. As does the British Army's official 8'3" height of a Challenger 2

The scale is wonky.... but the game is still fun and being a Battletech player who has suffered through years of imbalance, scale is of lesser concern.

emperorpenguin said:
Xorrandor said:
I thought saying that all soldiers are 6 feet tall was fessing up and admiting the scale is wonky. I'm not going to fess up and say soldiers are 7 feet tall, because the numbers just don't support it. ?

I measured my Brits to 32mm

32mm * 65 = 208cm = 83 inches = 6'11"
that's a lot of boot and helmet :wink:

alternatively 31mm *65 = 201.5cm = 80 inches = 6'8"

even 30mm = 78 inches = 6'5"

the numbers do support it. As does the British Army's official 8'3" height of a Challenger 2

No, even your 32 mm doesn't support saying 7 feet. Although then you'd at least be close. I'll go with 31mm, for 6'7.3" (if we're going to be annoyingly precise). Subtract off gear, and I think you end up around 6'3". Now, if you want to tell me that the gear doesn't add that much height, fine, but in the meantime I think 7' tall supermen is stretching things just a bit too much.

In the meantime, I need to get to basing my vehicles. I think that's the only thing that's ever going to make some people happy; I could even add a mm to the base, and that way be covered for an extra 3 scale inches...

Meanwhile, I'll just put this here to make the calculations null and void..

00858876iw0.jpg

Now, you have Five guys in the bed, even with the four guy seating equipment. There's probably enough for at least one or two more people in that bed if there's enough room between the legs. Then, there's a full cab there, so you can squeeze another five people... three in the back seat, one in the passanger, and the driver...

now compare that with Ghostwolf's picture.

Hiromoon said:
Meanwhile, I'll just put this here to make the calculations null and void..

Now, you have Five guys in the bed, even with the four guy seating equipment. There's probably enough for at least one or two more people in that bed if there's enough room between the legs. Then, there's a full cab there, so you can squeeze another five people... three in the back seat, one in the passanger, and the driver...

now compare that with Ghostwolf's picture.
Now repeat your pictures with MP minis...

emperorpenguin said:
The soldier is shorter than the smoke launchers

whereas not including base, the models are above the smoke launcher
so what is viable variance/margin of error in your mind? 1mm, 2mm?

Paladin said:
emperorpenguin said:

I'd say without the base a good 2mm for european types. Remember those 1/64 scale corgi USMC troopers made about 5 years ago? They are smaller than the 1/65 MP models. That should tell you something is wonky.

Paladin said:
The scale is wonky.... but the game is still fun and being a Battletech player who has suffered through years of imbalance, scale is of lesser concern.

I agree... I just didn't add it cause it stole some humor from my reply.

/wolf

emperorpenguin said:
Hiromoon said:
DSC00352.jpg

Okay then..let's see..

I can't do this without trimming here and there...

that pic is so funny it's worth showing again! :lol:

I just want to see the vidoe of it making a handbrake turn round a corner whilst feeling from a tank :)

The Old Soldier said:
Paladin said:
emperorpenguin said:

I'd say without the base a good 2mm for european types. Remember those 1/64 scale corgi USMC troopers made about 5 years ago? They are smaller than the 1/65 MP models. That should tell you something is wonky.
So a human figure that has up to 1-2mm difference in accuracy of scale is acceptable?

Back