EAS Monolith

as far as AJP, I liked how AoG did it. all jump points opened in the beginning of the round and the ship came out at the end of the same round, so it couldnt shoot because it was past the shooting phase, but it could shoot normally the next turn. The only difference between the JP and AJP is how much it drifts.

is this thing limited to firing on immobile targets like the cenaturi? if not, then its sure an improvement...

Chern

Yes I was going to ask that too, can this fire at moving targets? If so seems to be a lot better than a standard mass driver..how can it be called a poors man's version?? and 8 dice of triple damage!! wow that is super evil. I agree the ship should loose fleet carier as there is no justification for it to have it. Also I find it strange that the Narn were not able to back engineer such a weapon too as they back engineered near enough everything Centauri and probably have the best understanding of Centauri tech outside of Centauri Prime. You have to remember all Narn early designs use Centauri tech to some degree!

Basically the only things the Monolith should lose are a lot of Laser/Pulse array dice. That's because they used a lot of the hard points to mount the gun. Nothing else should change, really, except all the starfury pilots should have higher crew quality, as all of them were hand-picked.

Also I reckon it should be pretty short range, like 12", as they jumped in fairly close to the G'Quan, and wouldn't they jump in at the extremest range possible in case of retaliation?

Back