Earth-Minbari War

For the revised Battle of the Line, the book states that Earth gets:

"six Hyperions (any variant), eight Novas (any varient), four Olympus (any variant) and 15 Starfury flights."

Are the 15 flights in addition to the Furies carried by the capital ships (which would mean 38 flights + the additional 15 assuming the Hyperions and Novas all carry 1 and 4 Furies respectively)? Same question for the Minbari forces...

We're going to try a 2 on 2 for this scenario in the near future...

There's nothing in the scenario that contradicts the usual 'some ships are noted as carrying one or more flights on board...the cost of these flights is included in that of their parent ships.' When the scenario calls for ships or stations to be without their usual fighter complement- Ragesh 3, Into the Fire, Between Darkness and Light- it's specially noted.
I may be putting too much faith in Mongoose's proofreading, but the one time it was played out at Strathclyde, they were allowed. It didn't actually make much difference, too much flanking and crossfire from the Sharlins. Besides which, 53 flights of Furies against 40 flights of Nials?
Barring utter fluke, the only chance the EA have of fulfilling the victory condition is of the Novas doing their damage sponge thing and taking too long for the Minbari to get rid of. It's likely to be a straightforward gunnery exercise with little in the way of manoeuver, you can pretty much guarantee that the Hyperions and Olympii will be gone by the end of round 2. The question then becomes, can a Sharlin kill 1.143 of a Nova in four rounds or less?
Seriously, I've seldom seen a player sink into gloom so thoroughly as Adam playing the EA. I think he managed to do three points of damage to Baz' Minbari, and kill a whole four flights of Nials. It is no fun at all for the human player, and if you ask me, the only way to enjoy this scenario is to have everybody be Minbari, and turn it into a bodycount contest, who can do the most damage.

Right then, extra flights are in addition to those carried by ships.

But make no mistake about it - EA is on the receiving end of a bludgeoning. The guys playing EA have no illusions about this one—not a fair fight at all but fun to play out an epic scenario seen on the show. It'll be cool to see the minis on the table (or lack thereof!) as the battle progresses.

And who knows - if that one ship survives EA wins. But win or lose is not really what we're going for on this one.

prelude_to_war said:
For the revised Battle of the Line, the book states that Earth gets:

"six Hyperions (any variant), eight Novas (any varient), four Olympus (any variant) and 15 Starfury flights."

Are the 15 flights in addition to the Furies carried by the capital ships (which would mean 38 flights + the additional 15 assuming the Hyperions and Novas all carry 1 and 4 Furies respectively)? Same question for the Minbari forces...

We're going to try a 2 on 2 for this scenario in the near future...

eight Novas (any varient)? I beleve they have only 2 varient?

Standard LPA- armed version from SFoS, Pulse Prototype, and Bolter Prototype- very shiny, I know it's officially Raid level but I reckon the list had it right, it's good enough to be Battle.
I have seen fan stats for a railgun version and a purely laser armed version, but they're not official. We'll have to see if the big A makes any changes, or adds early variants.

Back