Duck Book...soon...so soon

B_Steele

Mongoose
Hey all,
I just thought that I'd drop you guys a note to stir up some duck love for the next couple of weeks. I just got to see the pre-print file for the book and I am VERY happy.
It looks like everything I did made it into the final version, and 90% of the internal art makes me very happy. Especially the pics of the Kraloreli Samurai-esque duck and the Platys. :)
I hope you all dig this book as much as I did writing it...I can't wait to hear what you all think about it.

:) :) *quack* :)

-Bry

Mongoose Steele said:
Hey all,
I just thought that I'd drop you guys a note to stir up some duck love for the next couple of weeks. I just got to see the pre-print file for the book and I am VERY happy.
It looks like everything I did made it into the final version, and 90% of the internal art makes me very happy. Especially the pics of the Kraloreli Samurai-esque duck and the Platys. :)
I hope you all dig this book as much as I did writing it...I can't wait to hear what you all think about it.

:) :) *quack* :)

-Bry

I have a high level duck hero as a repeated ave-inspiring help and plot enhancing npc for my players. Im sure to find much more backround material for him now!

/Calle

I like Ducks, and I like their role in Third Age Dragon Pass, as being the victims of a dishonourable peace treaty to appease the Lunar Empire. I love the interrelationship with the Upland Marsh and I love the idea that they worship Humakt. As opposed to Hueymakt.

When I saw the picture of a Duck in Hero Wars, I thought, "Excellent - a serious picture, finally". It wasn't a picture of Donald or Daffy in armour.

I can't help but think of Donald Duck throwing a wing-flapping tantrum which is why I never give Ducks a fanaticism spell.

Anyway, foolishly daring to judge before I've seen, but when I hear about Samurai Ducks it sets the old alarm bells ringing. Why can we not have artwork that makes Ducks culturally unique and original rather than as human mascots?

Have no fear, they are quite culturally unique as well, but there are many Ducks that have decided the only way to survive is to live in the shadow of others - hence the similarities in imagery.

Believe me, nobody thinks like a Duck and they have their own ways, too.

-Bry

Ssendam said:
Because I like to be controversial ... I can't stand Duck's in Glorantha!

So, now are going to question minorities in Glorantha too, are we? :lol:

And soon, hey, you are going to say something bad about baboons too. :lol:

calle said:
Ssendam said:
Because I like to be controversial ... I can't stand Duck's in Glorantha!

So, now are going to question minorities in Glorantha too, are we? :lol:

And soon, hey, you are going to say something bad about baboons too. :lol:

Baboons are worse than ducks ... they don't even go well with orange sauce. :p

Back