Drinax hard copy

egoaz2ca

Mongoose
My copy of the Drinax physical books arrived today, and they are stunning. These are definitely the showpiece of my gaming bookshelf now.

Great job Mongoose!

Got mine today. Wow. Without a doubt, the single best RPG item I have ever owned. Beautiful work, Mongoose. Can't wait to run my players through it.

I wonder if the Torpal Cluster and Theeve books will get a revamp so that they have the same layout and feel as the rest of the PoD books? It would complete the set even if it was just the PDF.

My Drinax hardcovers also arrived today but I have a few problems with mine. First up the corner of the set is damaged, which I thought was just bad luck, but the books have problems too. The starship book has raised creases across the pages for almost the entire thing and both of the other books have rippled pages throughout. Does anyone else have these issues or am I just unlucky?

I hadn't looks at the ships book interior yet, but I may have the same issue. In the 40s 60s and 70s it looks like there was something small on the conveyor system that all those pages ran over under pressure. It doesn't seem to be the same object across those sections.

I also have a ding on the upper left corner of the spine that translated to the red book, but I has assumed that was a delivery issue as the service has to drop boxes over a 6' fence.

Although I've only owned them a matter of minutes now.... the books are gorgeous. I love that I have a hard copy of the Trojan Reach, rather than using the old Third Imperium pdf I had. The only slightly annoying thing is the slipcase has what looks like an ink run on the top corner. The books themselves are perfect. The map is going to go in my starter set which goes packed for my games. It's way clearer to read and use than the old black background Third Imperium one I was using.

Great work Mongoose.

If I order the hard copy from the Mongoose webstore am I right in thinking (remembering) that I get a PDF copy as well?
Does this come automatically when I order or do I need to contact Matt/somebody to get it?
Thanks

I've had no problems with the condition of mine and the only damage to it when I opened it was due to me carelessly not washing all the soapy stuff off of my hands due to it arriving as I was finishing a very late morning shower and it slipping out of my hands, but that's my fault and no-one elses

Back