Dilgar War

I'll second that question, and add a query! When you say 'further' material, what material is already out there. I haven't had time to read all the sourcebooks yet!

LBH

Mr Ed Fortune said:
Subject: Dilgar War
Will there be further source material on this?
Well, I certainly hope so. Actually I'm rather certain the guys at Mongoose will make a supplement covering the Dilgar and that war... eventually, once they have finished with the sourcebooks dealing with the B5-show-era and the races that are around in it (as that's the current "prime campaign hunting ground"). But once they have done books for Seanon-5 and the stuff beyond, and have released the "League Factbook part 3" (I assume it will take at least three books to cover at least all the important league races, if they keep with the current "five races per factbook" format - BtW, the now released League Factbook is GREAT! The only thing missing are more CGI, mostly the ship meshes done by AoG whioch Mongoose evidently haven't been able to recover or have redone yet... I hope they will some day though!).
Anyway, once they have given a GM everything he needs to flesh out the slice of the galaxy known in B5, Mongoose will certainly go into the history and do books for GM's who want campaigns set in other eras (Dilgar War, First Contact, Early EA, Valen's War, Rise of the Centauri Republic, etc.)

lastbesthope said:
I'll second that question, and add a query! When you say 'further' material, what material is already out there. I haven't had time to read all the sourcebooks yet!
From Mongoose there is very little - a bit on what's happened in the histories of the other races, a small peek at the Dilgar in their covering of the episode "Deathwalker".
But AoG did several great Wargame supplements around the Dilgar war, complete with ships (the matching miniatures will most likely one day be re-released by Mongoose for their "A Call to Arms" game, together with rules for that game), history, scenarios, and even a few short stories (the "Story of JhaDur" is especially well done - maybe we will see more like that from the same source in Mongoose releases... I certainly hope so... that was a hint BtW :wink: :D ). Their stuff is great, even if it mostly covers the space battle aspects and not all the details that breathe life into an RPG campaign... however, here Mongoose's Factbooks did a good job so far, and I'm sure they'll continue to do that.

I used remanants of the Dilgar war in my campaign. The idea being that war itself was aggravated by the forces of chaos (though not directly The Shadows), which would inevitably lead to a hunt for the elder races.

There's also a lot of fun to be had giving the players a Dilgar ship to bomb round in. No one likes a reminder of a rather bloody and painful conflict.

[/quote]BtW, the now released League Factbook is GREAT![/quote]

Really!? It's not out in the USA. How in Valen's name did you get a copy so early? Anyways, I'm really excited about this book, you're lucky ShadowScout.

Really!? It's not out in the USA. How in Valen's name did you get a copy so early?
The usual way - pre-order directly from Mongoose! :wink: :p :D

Anyways, I'm really excited about this book, you're lucky ShadowScout.
Yeah, while I yet have to read through it completely (I have rather little time right now), the bit I have seen looks as great as I have come to expect from Mongoose factbooks (if a little less - understandable when they squeeze five races into one book, but better for our finances as if they had blown up the fluff to get a book per race...)

If you can find out check out Agents of Gaming Dilgar War book. A very nice resource if you can find it.

I picked up a copy of the AoG Dilgar book at a recent con.

Interesting stuff.

In my PBEM game, a EF Starfury pilot PC has just run into 4 Dilgar NPCs in Jan. 2258.

We'll see where that leads.

Sidney

Dilgar? Really? Wow Sidney . . . I must of missed that, have to keep my eyes open better.

Hmmm . . . Heads back to med lab.

PsyJack

Well, maybe if your charecter wasn't Crazy with a capital "C" he would have been more perceptive... :twisted:

Shalazar
Enjoying Tyler/Wrench's story line.

Crazy? who amoung us can claim to be sane? I mean come on look at us we Roleplay. Glad you are enjoying Sidney's campaign Shalazar.

Psyjack

Now I never said I was enjoying the campaign :twisted: ..... JK Sid, I am enjoying it. My sweet and inocent charecter is kinda fun to play....

Shalazar
Anything other than sweet and inocent!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

With all the different PC types, heading in so many directions, there should be something for everyone. :D

Sidney

At least you guys seem to have fun... 8)

But I can always try to take it back by just saying how much I´d love to get a campaign book published for the Earth/Minbari War. I´d love to start my B5 game with a short E/M-War campaign, just to give the players the right feeling why the Babylon Station were built, how close mankind was to annihilation, the general feelings regarding Minbari, and so on.

A Dilgar campaign would be a bit far away, I guess, but I can see how such a book would certainly result in lots of fun.

thats kinda cool, but the only problem with that is it will limit your player charecters on which race they are allowed to play.

Shalazar
To quote a famous Minbari: "Woo Hoo?"

shalazar_bation said:
thats kinda cool, but the only problem with that is it will limit your player charecters on which race they are allowed to play.

Shalazar
To quote a famous Minbari: "Woo Hoo?"

Not totally,

During the E-M war the EA approached both the Narn and Centauri for aid so you could play those races for characters. Also you could play factions of the league races willing to help the EA covertly as few would willingly openly fight the Minbari or support the EA against them (even if the Dilgar War happened before the E-M war, I can't remember but I think so!)

LBH

And there´s always the possibility to play non-militaristic humans, such as workers or lurker-like characters who get left behind when the Minbari overrun their colony. They might try to get home, with the help from some neutral alien forces, and, on their way, find something interesting (aka adventure). When they finally get home, they could come just right to watch the battle of the line. Maybe their new alien friends decide to help them one last time, or something. Enough room for some really heroic stuff, I guess...

Back