DC's for Corruption saves?

Trodax

Mongoose
My players made characters for my upcoming game last night, and one of them put together a Khitan Scholar with the demonic pact spell.

A question came up: what is the DC for making Corruption saves when dealing with demons?
Can't seem to find it, is it in any of the books? If not, what DC would you allocate?

I think it was
Corruption DC=Magic Attack Bonus (from the creature which causes the save)+1d20
Perhaps you can consider it to be fixed at MAB+10, I don't know.

I also think it was modified by your current Corruption (+1 for each point). If I recall correctly, this modifier is in one of the final chapters, when they talk about Corruption effects.

And I believe it is in one of the books, most likely in the core rules, though I think you had to search it very carefully, so it's not strange you haven't found it. In fact, I don't remember where was the ruling placed, so if somebody finds it, please tell us :)

OK, thanks. I'll check through the book again when I get home.
All I found was some reference that said "see the individual demon descriptions", but there was nothing about Corruption there.

Maximo said:
I also think it was modified by your current Corruption (+1 for each point). If I recall correctly, this modifier is in one of the final chapters, when they talk about Corruption effects.
Yeah, this I found. Your Corruption acts as a negative modifier on all your Corruption saves (-1 for each point of Corruption). Once you begin that downward slope... :twisted:

Maximo said:
I think it was
Corruption DC=Magic Attack Bonus (from the creature which causes the save)+1d20
Maximo, you were absolutely right, I found the rule. Don't know how I could have missed it; I read that passage, but must just have failed to see it. :oops:

Anyway, its on page 189 (AE): "All corruption saving throws are made against a DC set by the entity, sorcerer or demons Magic Attack Roll." (1d20+magic attack bonus+Charisma modifier)

Thanks for your help!

Back