Darkness and light

Oh well! GMs have the option of allowing or not allowing them in their game. At least i'd do that,have to think if I wanted a PC controlling either of those races.

Aramanthus said:
Oh well! GMs have the option of allowing or not allowing them in their game. At least i'd do that,have to think if I wanted a PC controlling either of those races.

Well if every player is a Shadow or Vorlon...

Or you could also work up stats and play the other Ancients back in Primordial times. Yeah, a Shadow, Vorlon, Walker, Torvalus and a Mindrider all go off into 3rd space to perform a mission together. ;)

Kizarvexis

While I do touch on running a campaign with Vorlon player characters (ok, it's the 21st century. What are you doing this century-long round?), the character rules there are mainly for NPCs. While running first ones through GM fiat is fine for most games, I wanted some mechanical support for games where the characters are encountering First Ones on a semi-regular basis, like a high-powered Ranger game or something.

While the First Ones are immensely powerful, they're not omnipotent. They can do _almost_ anything, but fundamentally they're working under the same rules as the rest of the universe (they just bought _all_ the expansion packs and supplements, the little munchkins). My real guiding light when doing those rules was Interludes and Examinations - I aimed to design a system which would support Kosh calling a GIANT UBERWARFLEET in to wipe out a Shadow force, but would also punish overextending yourself.

Although I'm not intending to ever have Vorlon or Shadow PCs I did like the rules for them, they gave me a better understanding of how they can act and what they can do.

My only (small) regret is that we get two Vorlons (Kosh I & II) stated out but no Shadows. I know that none were ever given distinct personalities in the show but I would have liked to see an example.

DW

Back