Darkhorse: Fafhrd & Grey Mouser?

René

Banded Mongoose
In the old Marvel comics there was an appearance of Fritz Leiber's heroes (renamed as Fafnir & Black Rat). At the weekend I read the 2nd collector's volume of the Darkhorse comic and found two similar thief characters in the story "Two Nemedians walked into a bar".

No names are given, but the mood of the story, the charcter and the physical appearance of the two thieves reminds of Leiber's heroes.

What do you think? Is this a quotation / easter egg?

The DH Conan team hasn't ever say yeah or nay to that as far as I know although it was brought up in the letter pages a couple of times. I personally say it was, but that it really wasn't that important. In making the Sourcebook stats for them, I might use the names the earlier Marvel team used.

I'd have to say though using the name 'hero' for that pair is stretching the definition of the word. 8)

I love leibers duo just as much a howard's tales. i was actually thinking of running a lankhamar game with the conan rules

Raven Blackwell said:
The DH Conan team hasn't ever say yeah or nay to that as far as I know although it was brought up in the letter pages a couple of times. I personally say it was, but that it really wasn't that important. In making the Sourcebook stats for them, I might use the names the earlier Marvel team used.

I'd have to say though using the name 'hero' for that pair is stretching the definition of the word. 8)

I think Busiek acknowledged that it was a homage to them over on the REH mailing list. I could be mis-remembering but that did come up for discussion when that issue came out.

Back