Darkhorse: Fafhrd & Grey Mouser?

René

Mongoose
In the old Marvel comics there was an appearance of Fritz Leiber's heroes (renamed as Fafnir & Black Rat). At the weekend I read the 2nd collector's volume of the Darkhorse comic and found two similar thief characters in the story "Two Nemedians walked into a bar".

No names are given, but the mood of the story, the charcter and the physical appearance of the two thieves reminds of Leiber's heroes.

What do you think? Is this a quotation / easter egg?

The DH Conan team hasn't ever say yeah or nay to that as far as I know although it was brought up in the letter pages a couple of times. I personally say it was, but that it really wasn't that important. In making the Sourcebook stats for them, I might use the names the earlier Marvel team used.

I'd have to say though using the name 'hero' for that pair is stretching the definition of the word. 8)

Walkurë

Mongoose
I love leibers duo just as much a howard's tales. i was actually thinking of running a lankhamar game with the conan rules

ahzad

Mongoose
Raven Blackwell said:
The DH Conan team hasn't ever say yeah or nay to that as far as I know although it was brought up in the letter pages a couple of times. I personally say it was, but that it really wasn't that important. In making the Sourcebook stats for them, I might use the names the earlier Marvel team used.

I'd have to say though using the name 'hero' for that pair is stretching the definition of the word. 8)

I think Busiek acknowledged that it was a homage to them over on the REH mailing list. I could be mis-remembering but that did come up for discussion when that issue came out.