Crushed Atlantean Edition

Waylander

Mongoose
Has any one else ordered the Atlantean Edition directly in the UK and received it badly damaged (presumably) due to transit in the post?

I ordered mine as part of the Sons of Cimmeria programme.

While I don't blame Mongoose for the damage inflicted by the Royal Mail, I have to wonder about the paper envelope (unpadded) it was sent in . . .

Yes my copy arrived in the UK in a brown paper bag, my wife thought it was from Amsterdam?

Just my little joke!

But seriously the copy was badly bashed around the corners and edges, perhaps the post office are to blame but I don't recall any please take care lables or this paper is not a robust protective layer handle gently.

Some care with my purchase, as I got a discount due to prevoius edition not due to damage on this one.

Still nice to have a copy...eh!

You should be able to get replacements if you report them as damaged and ask to return them. Try dropping a line to sales@mongoosepublishing.com explaining what happened, or maybe someone from Mongoose will read this and post here :)

Originally posted by Camelon75
But seriously the copy was badly bashed around the corners and edges, perhaps the post office are to blame but I don't recall any please take care lables or this paper is not a robust protective layer handle gently.

It feels awful saying this but I'm glad I'm not the only one . . .

I have contacted Mongoose and while it would be unfair to name the replier the comment back was,

"I am sorry to hear that it has been damaged. Generally we have had a good experience with the post office.

Thanks for informing us about this issue, we will take steps to correct it in the future.

Not exactly the, "please return it and we'll replace it" that I was hoping for!

I hope Mongoose take note. I get S&P on a subscription and it comes in a plain brown envelope. Would it be too much to ask to slip a light card backing in there to prevent bending, dogearing, etc.?

Maybe someone from Mongoose could comment on this topic?

LBH

I live in Australia and also ordered my copy of Conan: Atlantean Edition directly from Mongoose Publishing. Mine came shipped in a large yellow envelope but the book inside was wrapped in thick cardboard and taped up with packing tape to hold the cardboard on. It was in perfect condition once I got it out.

I received my SoC Atlantean Edition copy today. 95% issue-free.

Packaging: Cardboard box with MACHO bubblewrap sheets on top and bottom. Nicely done for the most part.

Condition: Unfortunately, the bubblewrap didn't make it all the way 'round the book. The bottom corner on the binding edge got dinged a bit and the top corner of the outside edge got dinged a bit more than that.

Color me happy; I gots me The Book and it's sure to see much use.

Syphon,

How long from ordering to arrival? I've been waiting two and a half weeks for mine, which isn't unreasonable for international mail, but I'm still really impatient.

Mortepierre said:
Same here, my own copy was badly bashed around the corners and along the lower front edge :(

Off-topic
-Hey Morte, are you the same Mortepierre that's on the Wizards' boards?

On-topic
-Is this just a problem with the Atlantean edition or does it affect other books ordered via the mail? I was considering pre-ordering some books online but now that I hear about these banged up copies it makes me wonder if I shouldn't just wait until it hits the bookshelves.

In my experience the only company that consistently packs books well for mail order is Amazon.

I've had individual bad experiences from virtually everywhere else . . .

SableWyvern said:
Syphon,

How long from ordering to arrival? I've been waiting two and a half weeks for mine, which isn't unreasonable for international mail, but I'm still really impatient.
It took 10 working days (13 days total) to arrive. I live in Townsville, North Queensland if that helps you at all.

SableWyvern said:
Syphon,

Sry, forgot to log in 1st Sable... It took 10 working days (13 days total) to arrive. I live in Townsville, North Queensland if that helps you at all.

Been corresponding via email with Mongoose about my copy I shipped off for a few weeks ago prior to Dragon*Con. I got an email from Mark saying my copy is being shipped from the warehouse and should arrive by Wednesday Sept 15th, 2004 to me.

iltharanos said:
Off-topic
-Hey Morte, are you the same Mortepierre that's on the Wizards' boards?

On-topic
-Is this just a problem with the Atlantean edition or does it affect other books ordered via the mail? I was considering pre-ordering some books online but now that I hear about these banged up copies it makes me wonder if I shouldn't just wait until it hits the bookshelves.

The one and the same friend, I recognize your own name from the DL forum :wink:

Personally, I order most books either through Amazon or Leisure Games. Never had a problem with the first and the second delivered a few books with slightly bashed corners but otherwise fine.

Mortepierre said:
Same here, my own copy was badly bashed around the corners and along the lower front edge :(

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the bashed copies, we are investigating alternate forms of packaging for the books.

Cool, thanks. The worst part was hearing someone from Australia mention they got their in 4 days. I deserve to be that fortunate. Instead, I must learn patience. :D

Good I was too lazy to get my ass to the post office and send the AE ordering form. I guess I'll wait a little longer, just to ensure I won't get a damaged book.

PS. I don't have a suitable credit card (only Visa Electron), but my friend has one. Is it possible for me to order AE using his card (with permission, calm down ;))? Do I have to write his name and adress on the form then? And if I do, what about the 60% discount (it's on my name and e-mail)?

Back