Conan - The RPG - Atlantean Edition?

Because Angelfire doesn't allow off-site file linking, just cut-and-paste the address listed above into your web browser's address bar rather than clicking on the link...

Thaks! I love it! Form fillable pdf! Awesome! It saves funny if you use the form fillable one, but I'll have to play with it. I love the blank sheet!
Thanks, Tiberius!

I actually did not make the sheet... but have made it available to my gaming group and, evidently, to Conan players on these boards. I'm wondering how a web search turned up the file (which I originally found on these boards).

Thanks for the thanks anyway,
Tiberias

I found the original source of the sheet:

Elfman created the sheet and posted it in this thread:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Jason Durall said:
juanjose said:
excuse my ignorance but, What does the Atlantean Edition mean?

The joke, for those who don't get it, is a reference to the film Conan the Barbarian, where Conan's second (and supposedly more powerful) sword is found in an Atlantean tomb. The two major swords he uses in the film are referred to as the Father's Sword and the Atlantean Sword.

Jason is about 50% right on this. We spent a lot of time contemplating exactly how to title the second print. Yes, we could have called it simply Second Print, but not only is it very un-Conan, but it too could be misleading. We wanted something with a feel of Hyboria, and the Atlanteans were the forefathers of the continent, so to speak, so as we were going right back to the beginning and examiming everything this seemed appropriate. We also needed a definitive name to use when referring to the product within the Studio, and it is now commonly referred to here as 'Conan: AE'. That way when I ask about the project, the guys know to which edition I am referring.

Also, Rich Neale (who came up with the name) has designed a splendid logo to go with it which I think matches the feel of the book.

I have a finished AE on my desk right now (came in this morning) and i think it looks great. Hope you guys feel the same way.

Gah!

And I've gotta wait how much longer??? GenCon will never get here (and I'm not even going!)

Sincerely - how do we son's of Cimmeria get it?

I just hope they'll be some kind of web enhancement giving us the appropriate changes in the new edition. I like the book I currently have, and until the day where it falls apart, By Crom!!, I have no intention of buying a new one, no matter the discount. However, I'd love to get the changes...

SS

Well, I'll wait till after gen con to pick up mine. That way I'll have a signed copy of the first book, and (Eventually) a signed copy of the Atlantean version.

Why not go to Gen Con? I've been to other conventions. I just feel it is a money pit. I bring $1000 to spend and walk away with credit card debts.

Yes, I'll be happy to spend the full $50 for another copy.

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Well, I'll wait till after gen con to pick up mine. That way I'll have a signed copy of the first book, and (Eventually) a signed copy of the Atlantean version.

Why not go to Gen Con? I've been to other conventions. I just feel it is a money pit. I bring $1000 to spend and walk away with credit card debts.

Some lucky person at DragonCon will win a complete signed set of the whole Conan series, including AE.

While I agree that "Atlantean Edition" is very clever, it is also very confusing because R.E. Howard wrote so many references to Atlantis. (Kull and at least one reference in Solomon Kane.)

When I first heard about the book, I thought it was a Kull supplement. :cry: I really want one of those.

Finarvyn said:
While I agree that "Atlantean Edition" is very clever, it is also very confusing because R.E. Howard wrote so many references to Atlantis. (Kull and at least one reference in Solomon Kane.)

When I first heard about the book, I thought it was a Kull supplement. :cry: I really want one of those.

I'm sure everyone will soon become comfortably familiar with this. :roll:

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Odovacar's Ghost said:

Some lucky person at DragonCon will win a complete signed set of the whole Conan series, including AE.

Complete set of which conan series? The TV show, Original REH stories signed by the now deah REH, the horrible comic books, or the great Mongoose RPGs? Which ONE?

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:
Odovacar's Ghost said:

Complete set of which conan series? The TV show, Original REH stories signed by the now deah REH, the horrible comic books, or the great Mongoose RPGs? Which ONE?

The RPG set, I meant. :wink:

Back