Conan - The RPG - Atlantean Edition?

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Also, with less money in the checking account! What a blast!

Well, since Gen Con represents one of the highest profit margins most game publishers can get on their books - buying them at the con directly from the people who make them is usually the best way to support this industry.

Also, being able to talk to the developers, artists, and writers who make them is a cool experience, most of the time.

I, unfortunately, can not disagree with you. That is the time where the geeks unite and purchase books, trinkets, boardgames, miniatures, and whatnot that their local game stores won't or can't provide them. Knowing this the RPG makers reap the rewards. I can't blame them in the least.

Mongoose Old Bear said:
bolen said:
Will we be able to pick up our soc copy of the new book at Gen Con ?

Not sure yet.

Okay, here's another question. I am a registered Son Of Cimmeria, however at the time I registered I decided I did not need to take advantage of the cheap second printing because I hate getting anything mail order if I can avoid it (my post office always seems to find some way to damage the package). However, I've now found out that I WILL be going to GenCon in three weeks (woot!) so if it turns out that Sons CAN pick up their cheap copies there, can I still take advantage of it? I would be more than happy to bring along the necessary chunk of page :)

Thanks,

Bob

Odovacar's Ghost said:
I, unfortunately, can not disagree with you. That is the time where the geeks unite and purchase books, trinkets, boardgames, miniatures, and whatnot that their local game stores won't or can't provide them. Knowing this the RPG makers reap the rewards. I can't blame them in the least.

Hey, I'm still using the Babylon 5 coffee mug I picked up on a whim at GenCon 95 :)

On the general forum, msprange wrote:

I heard a whisper that if you have the old edition and are looking to trade up, it may be worth bringing your old copy to Gen Con, whether or not you officially signed up as a Son of Cimmeria. Stand by for confirmation. . .

When will we know whether or not this will happen?

And what about us mooks who AREN'T going to GenCon but did sign up for Sons....

(dang my luck for choosing Origins over GenCon this year!)

Upgrade my perfectly good Conan book and receive a different changed version? Never. I'll take, eventually, both, thankyou.

Just like my original Deities and Demi-Gods book I have with the Melibonea (sp?) and Cthulu mythos. Which I did buy the 2nd almost identical book that didn't have those two mythos.

Upgrade my perfectly good Conan book and receive a different changed version? Never. I'll take, eventually, both, thankyou.

Just like my original Deities and Demi-Gods book I have with the Melibonea (sp?) and Cthulu mythos. Which I did buy the 2nd almost identical book that didn't have those two mythos.

My thought process worked along a similar vein when I originally signed up for Sons of Cimmeria. Eventually, I'll get a copy of the Atlantean Edition but only so that I am rules-compatible with others at the gaming table. However, I'll echo an earlier sentiment. What about those of us, that currently, just want the rules changes? I am curious as I am having flashes of 3.0/3.5 compatibility fiasco... :evil:

Some lucky person at DragonCon will win a complete signed set of the whole Conan series, including AE.

I'm heading to the D*C this year, and am hoping to get in on the SoC before the week is out. Will I be able to get my copy there?

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Odovacar's Ghost said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:
Some lucky person at DragonCon will win a complete signed set of the whole Conan series, including AE.

Complete set of which conan series? The TV show, Original REH stories signed by the now deah REH, the horrible comic books, or the great Mongoose RPGs? Which ONE?

The RPG set, I meant. :wink:

Can I just ask: who will they be signed by?

<pedantry>

The current entire studio staff or the entire studio staff who worked on the project at the time?.

</pedantry>

Will there be a similar promotion at Dragonmeet? Go on, you know you want to.

The entire current studio who has anything to do with any Conan book - I think that makes sense :)

At Dragonmeet? Umm, possibly, we have not got that far yet! Not a bad idea though.

If I show up at Gen Con with a Conan book (first printing) and hand over the little corner tab, would I still qualify for the discount on the Atlantean printing?

msprange said:
The entire current studio who has anything to do with any Conan book - I think that makes sense :)

At Dragonmeet? Umm, possibly, we have not got that far yet! Not a bad idea though.

I read some other place that it's not worth getting any books signed by the Studio guys because you didn't really do any of the work for Conan. Thing is, i heard a little rumour at a LARP event lately that one of your guys stayed up till late Christmas Eve clearing up somebody else's mess. That other somebody likes to make out you 'forced' him to edit Conan in 2 weeks.

care to comment. Matt? :wink:

I usually like my books signed by the author, the creator of the company, perhaps a playtester, or someone else who is in the credits.

So far my current, conan book, has about 4+ signatures in it. Oh, and it does not have the that page corner taken out.

Yes, I'm still buying the new revision.

Guest: We know exactly who you are talking about :)

You can also believe as you will what you read at other places (and I know where you are talking about).

I also know which LARP event you are talking about :)

The current studio staff have put an incredible amount of work into Conan - especially the AE edition, which is a complete rework, in terms of layout and editing. They deserve all the kudos, not just for their part in the main rulebook but also every supplement that has come out since.

In short, there have been a lot of vicious rumours flying around about Conan. Be very careful who you listen to :)

As for Christmas Eve, someone did indeed have to stay late to fix a certain mess. But it was not your claimant. . .

Heya Matt,

I should've guessed you monitored that place. I'm surprised you haven't responded to the vicious stream of unpleasantness I've read there. kudos to you for not biting.

Some people in the LARP business like to tell what might politely be termed tall tales. FWIW if one particular person of our acquaintance says the sky is blue, I generally stop to check!

I reckon you are well shot of him.

Back