Conan: Stygia - Sands of Death

Semeket

Mongoose
The senario "The Children of Ishiti" in the book Adventures in the Hyborian Age makes reference to Conan: Stygia - Sands of Death.

Could someone let me know what this refers too?

Thanks,

Semeket

Sands of Death is much cooler. Serpent of the South is very confusing from a Black Kingdom world view seeing as it's North.

I hadn't heard this earlier title before. I agree though, "Sands of Death" sounds cooler than "Serpent of the South".

See, I think Serpent of the South is much more appropriate and much cooler than killer sand dunes. Checkout this ad blurb battle: (movie announcer voice)

Stygia... Serpent of the South! Coiled and ready to strike - a land filled with dark magic, blood sacrifices and nefarious schemes. The Serpent of the South - gazing hungrily at the Hyborian nations...

Or

Stygia - Sands of Death - don't go to the beach - it's hot & deadly there! Ouch! Hot! Hot! Hot! Quick! Grab a juice cooly! Stygia - Sands of Death! Don't forget! Half off in the Summer time!

Who wins?

:lol:

I asked about this a while ago but didn't get any answer.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38897&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Originally I was asked to write a book called Stygia & Shem: Sands of Death. Later, this was changed to be two books, and the Stygia book was going to be titled Stygia: Sands of Death. Later it was renamed Stygia: Serpent of the South. I don't remember who made the name choices (generally, the titles are given to me and I have little input).

But, long story short, Stygia: Sands of Death is known to us all now as Stygia: Serpent of the South. Some of the adventures in the adventure book are quite old, and that one was written before or during my writing of Stygia.

So the "Sands of Death" title's still free to be used elsewhere. It would look really good on the cover of a book with desert adventures (Stygia, Shem or other similar lands).

Back