Conan compendium

Very nice! :D

However, I noticed that Hyboria's Empires is not on schedhule anymore, not even in the product search page. What happened to it? I was looking forward to it.

Things slip up and down the schedule all the time :)

Mongoose tend to be more open than most by putting their tentative schedules up so we can see what is "probably" coming and when. The downside is that you start looking forward to something and one day notice it's not there any more. Sometimes products get cancelled, sometimes they slip, and sometimes they get bumped ahead and released early.

Are you referring to this?

Sep 2006
Argos & Zingara

Oct 2006
Reavers of Vilayet
The Conan Compendium <---

MGBM said:
However, I noticed that Hyboria's Empires is not on schedhule anymore, not even in the product search page. What happened to it? I was looking forward to it.

One day, we might tell you the three year struggle we have had with this book :)

msprange said:
MGBM said:

One day, we might tell you the three year struggle we have had with this book :)

You must of just pulled it Matt - it was on there late last night. I'll look forward to hearing that story someday...

edited by strom

The Suburbian said:
Can't wait to see what's in the Compendium!

For 25 $ it's hopefully not only reprint material (which is partly already included in other products).

René said:
The Suburbian said:
Can't wait to see what's in the Compendium!

For 25 $ it's hopefully not only reprint material (which is partly already included in other products).

Compendium's usually are reprinted material. Perhaps it will be like a master index? I envision this book being similar to Tito's...

Just speculating though.

HLD

René said:

Lots of people have asked for a book of nothing but S&P Conan article reprints, though :) (and others for other games)

As it says it has been sourced from the very best Signs & Portents articles, I would guess that it is not "just" reprints, that any errors have been corrected, and that some things have been expanded upon. I have not seen it though so that's just a guess.

I wouldn't mind personally if it was just reprints. There's a lot of S&P stuff since the move to PDF that deserves to be seen in print.

Yep, I'm one of them. I'd gladly pay a mere $25 to get all the S&P articles in one go. That's a lot of info, and in a nice, durable hard-cover binding too.

Big question: Is it going ot be a "TITO" and be reprints in boring black-and-white, or are we going to get the full color articles in all thier glory?

I put together this list of all the Conan Sign & Portent material to date. I separated the articles by the categories listed on the S&P index: rules, gaming tips, scenarios, settings and source material. I also added up the categories by the number of pages of each article - obviously this could differ with a new book but as you can see, there has been 147 pages of S&P Conan Content and the new Conan Compendium is listing at only 96 pages.

That said, I'm missing some of the new and older stuff and I'll be very interested in what the 'Goose decides of the following articles, to put in the Conan Compendium. 8)

S&P Conan Content to Date

RULES

S&P Issue

6---------------------Of Chariots and Acheronians------------5 pages
7---------------------Solo and Duo Play------------------------4 pages
9---------------------The White Hand of Hyperborea ---------6 pages
10--------------------Return of the [Real] King----------------2 pages
12--------------------The Bandit--------------------------------3 pages
13--------------------Three Sides of the Coin-----------------4 pages
14--------------------Sons of Anshan--------------------------2 pages
16--------------------The Kordavian Way---------------------3 pages
18--------------------Riders of Tombalku---------------------1 page
19--------------------The Wilds of Hyboria--------------------6 pages
20--------------------Darkarra: The Spirit Eaters of Darfar--5 pages
22--------------------Red Nails----------------------------------1 page
30--------------------The Martial Disciple-----------------------5 pages
34--------------------Stygian Spells----------------------------- 1 page
Total Rules Pages=48

GAMING TIPS

S&P Issue

8----------------------Roleplaying in the Hyborian Age-----------5 pages
11--------------------What's in a Name----------------------------2 pages
12--------------------What's in a Name----------------------------2 pages
18--------------------Refusal to Submit----------------------------3 pages
Total Gaming Tips Pages=12

SCENARIO

S&P Issue

10---------------------Danger in the Westermark------------------6 pages
17---------------------Plunderers of the Dead----------------------12 pages
27---------------------Ghost of the Deep----------------------------9 pages
Total Scenario Pages=27

SETTING

S&P Issue

21------Khemi: Ancient Spiritual Home to the Priesthood of Set---7 pages
Total Setting Pages=7

SOURCE MATERIAL

S&P Issue

24-----------------Tortage---------------------------------------------- 5 pages
26-----A Field Guide to Creatures of the Hyborian Age (Part One)-11 page
27-----A Field Guide to Creatures of the Hyborian Age (Part Two)- 8 page
29-----------------Xuthal------------------------------------------------12 page
32-----------------Aghrapur--------------------------------------------10 page
35----------------Scenarios of Shadizar-------------------------------7 pages
Total Source Material Pages=53

SUMMARY

Rules Pages =48
Gaming Tips=12
Scenarios=27
Setting=7
Source Material=53

Grand Total of S&P Conan Content =147 pages

Thanks to the creator of the excellent S&P index. :D

Nice to see the few things I'm missing. The easy thing to do is for Mongoose just to slap all of those into one PDF and sell it that way. I'll pay $10.

Back