Conan compendium

Does anyone know if Hyborian Empires has been cut completely or just pushed back again? I was really looking forward to this book! :cry:

I don't subscribe to S&P, so something like this sounds quite buy-able to me. I get the impression that there are a number of people in this boat as well, so it's probably a good idea for Mongoose to put it out there for us. As long as they don't over-print it, it shouldn't be a problem for them. It's not like they have to hire a bunch of writers to write new material, after all.

Well it won;t help you with the stuff from Issues 1-24, but Issue 25 and onwards of S&P can be downloaded free from the Mongose site

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/series.php?qsSeries=13

LBH

from other threads we know that maps for major sites in stygia exist but were not printed assume the same with other books and that would sweeten the load lots also as a side when mongoose did compendium for the slayer guide etc they added new material as a matter of course.so am hopful for the same again 8) 8)

No a bad looking list of stuff, theres cirtainly a few bits in there that would be useful that I don't have.

TBH, im pretty much always ready to buy a proper dead tree version of stuff thats on PDF or even from mags, as its looks better on my book case, is harder to destroy and can be thrown with ease at the groins of irritating players.

jadrax said:
TBH, im pretty much always ready to buy a proper dead tree version of stuff thats on PDF or even from mags, as its looks better on my book case, is harder to destroy and can be thrown with ease at the groins of irritating players.

print it on "dead tree paper" and you have it in a "physical form" (and just the things you NEED!)

enclose the pages in some synthetic material so it will be harder to destroy

change your 25 bucks in coins...so you can throw 25 times things at your players !!!!

....and it's all cheaper :)

Valaryc said:
print it on "dead tree paper" and you have it in a "physical form" (and just the things you NEED!)

enclose the pages in some synthetic material so it will be harder to destroy

change your 25 bucks in coins...so you can throw 25 times things at your players !!!!

....and it's all cheaper :)

Probably not cheaper as I would end up paying somene to do the printing and laminating, there is no way it's cost effective to do that myself. (Unless I did it at work and effectivly paid myself to do it, but that is unethical.)

Experimened with Throwing coins at grions, but there more likley to miss and the lack of corners do less impressive crits.

jadrax said:
Probably not cheaper as I would end up paying somene to do the printing ...

so you are still willing to pay 25 bucks (!!!) for some known material you can mostly download for FREE just for the sake of a hardcover?

yes....you ARE mongoose's dream :lol: :roll:

Well, you just have to look at how many people bought a D&D players handbook ;)

Some people will always like nice, properly printed, properly bound books, as opposed to something run off at Kinkos with a comb binding stuck on it.

It depends whether you want a set of rules, or whether you want a book.

Luckily, lots of people still want *real* printed books :)

Valaryc said:
so you are still willing to pay 25 bucks (!!!) for some known material you can mostly download for FREE just for the sake of a hardcover?

yes....you ARE mongoose's dream :lol: :roll:

Downloading isn't free, additionally it takes up my time.

Printing isn't free, Laminating isn't free. And takes up more time.

Assuming it takes me an hour to do, then effectivley i'm just hiring myself for an hours work, (because I could be actually working for money instead.) That means it sactually costing me over 25$ and i'm getting an inferior product to boot.

Or I could work that hour, buy the book and have cash left over for other stuff.

Easy choice.

jadrax said:
Downloading isn't free.

Well in this particular case it potentially is, as it consists primarily of S&P articles (unless of course you're not on a flat rate internet connection)

Although the chances are that a lot of them are pre-PDF S&P and therefore not available for free anyway. And there's a chance there's some new material in there as well.

I'm with you on the whole wanting it in a book thing though :) I'd happily pay for an S&P compilation for virtually any game, just to have the articles in a handier format on the shelf next to the books they went with.

Back