Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer Box Set

yargash

Mongoose
I like the idea, but 60$ are a lot! Anybody knows what will be inside this box?

MGP 7711 Conan RPG: Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer Box Set
This enormously expansive campaign boxed set for the Conan the Roleplaying Game takes players from their formative levels in the seaports of Argos to the horrors of the Nameless Isle before throwing them into the dramatic chaos of the Black Kingdoms, finally reaching its dramatic conclusion in mysterious and secretive Stygia. $59.95

This sounds like what I've been asking for....too bad my players characters are nearly 7th level already...

I guess we'll have to retire them and start new ones.

The King said:
is that an hoax or secret info not already available?

Are you sure your not obsessed with the idea of hoaxes? :lol:
Got your copy of Across Thunder River yet? 8)

AZZA said:
The King said:
is that an hoax or secret info not already available?

Are you sure your not obsessed with the idea of hoaxes? :lol:
Got your copy of Across Thunder River yet? 8)
No obsession at all with hoaxes but I can't find nowhere on the site "Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer Box Set".
No I haven't my copy yet, but then I guess there is some kind of preview on the book, isn't it?
I prefer to buy two books at once (to save on shipping fees) and that's why I'am impatiently waiting for the release of the Free Companies.

yargash said:
I like the idea, but 60$ are a lot! Anybody knows what will be inside this box?

MGP 7711 Conan RPG: Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer Box Set
This enormously expansive campaign boxed set for the Conan the Roleplaying Game takes players from their formative levels in the seaports of Argos to the horrors of the Nameless Isle before throwing them into the dramatic chaos of the Black Kingdoms, finally reaching its dramatic conclusion in mysterious and secretive Stygia. $59.95

Where did you see this?

I see it listed on amazon.com for $39.99.

I wouldn't trust Amazon on that topic. They probably haven't updated the product description (it was the same for Pirate Isles : wrong price, wrong cover).

Hyborian said:
I wouldn't trust Amazon on that topic. They probably haven't updated the product description (it was the same for Pirate Isles : wrong price, wrong cover).
I noticed that Amazon provides a monthly updates only. That means that whatever info they have on a given book is valid until the next (monthly) update.
That's how I got the Road of Kings sourcebook at the price of a softcover 128-pages sourcebook. The price was already stated but the book wasn't available yet. So I ordered it as soon as it was released before the price was updated. 8)

Arkobla Conn said:
This sounds like what I've been asking for....too bad my players characters are nearly 7th level already...

Just apply the same rules as for money to experience : "since your last adventure, you've spent most of your money carousing in Shadizar... and oh, a zamoran master thief stole your levels while you were sleeping, too. You're level 1 and on the road again." :D

just rechecked the site no mention of the product could someone from mongoose please say if this is due and when as mongoose listings as far as feb are already up

I can't find any information on this boxed set either...I hope the $60 price tag is wrong! I would abhor having to buy another Conan The RPG rulebook just to get a sweet campaign! :x

Well, you can find the entry in the the Alliance Games Online Catalog ( http://www.alliance-games.com/8675309/online2.tmpl ), just search 'conan'. Alliance price are much more reliable than Amazon (at least in my experience), so I think 60$ is the right price. If I should guess the release date I would say -at worst- april 2005, usually alliance doesn't list books too early.

Let's compare:

- Cthulhu's "Horror on the Orient Express" was about 80 zlotys (20$) here in Poland (20 pounds in UK, AFAIR).
- "Return to the temple of elemental evil" for D&D - 50 zlotys (13$) in Poland, 30$ in US.

60$ for a campaign? Hard to swallow, really. Especially for a Pole.

Zeus said:
Let's compare:

- Cthulhu's "Horror on the Orient Express" was about 80 zlotys (20$) here in Poland (20 pounds in UK, AFAIR).
- "Return to the temple of elemental evil" for D&D - 50 zlotys (13$) in Poland, 30$ in US.

60$ for a campaign? Hard to swallow, really. Especially for a Pole.
I think I will learn Polish and order my RPG books in your country.
When will you introduce the Euro currency ? :D

Hi guys,

This one is due out in March, and it is indeed going for $59.95. How could we be so cruel? Because we are _jamming_ the box full of maps, cards and five (yes, five!) 96 page books spanning the entire campaign. When we say _campaign_ box set, we ain't kidding!

Buy this (if you already have the Conan rulebook) and you may not need anything else for the next year :)

Of course, you may also say we have only over-reacted to those people telling us we need to produce more scenarios for COnan. . .

sorry for the doubts as yes it is listed but untill I see it on the mongoose boards I am always wary as I remember other products that other boards have claimed will come out but never saw the light of day hope this is right and have some more detail soon

msprange said:
Hi guys,

This one is due out in March, and it is indeed going for $59.95. How could we be so cruel? Because we are _jamming_ the box full of maps, cards and five (yes, five!) 96 page books spanning the entire campaign. When we say _campaign_ box set, we ain't kidding!

Buy this (if you already have the Conan rulebook) and you may not need anything else for the next year :)

Of course, you may also say we have only over-reacted to those people telling us we need to produce more scenarios for COnan. . .
This is an excellent news. I wanted a campaign that would rock the Hyborian continent and Mongoose did it. Isn't it lovely?
$60 for 5 books with maps and cards (and a box) is very affordable. It will give Conan the RPG it's true golden letters. 8)
Long live the Mongoose. :!: :!: :!:

msprange

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys,

Buy this (if you already have the Conan rulebook) and you may not need anything else for the next year

Yes! Whoo-hooo! This sounds great! I misread the earlier post and thought it was a rulebook/campaign combo. My bad. As I was one of those requesting more campaigns consider me sold! Thanks!

Long live the Mongoose. :!: :!: :!:

I'll second that, King!

Back