Civilian/Military Vehciles Problem

Alternately, break out your old copy of Striker and use that instead :)

To "design" low tech vehicles, just base them on real world examples. In the event you need a weirdie (like a TL4 steam tank), extrapolate.

Honestly? I don't need a design sequence for horse-and-cart technology, just a good historical reference. Having said that, I understand the desire to have this stuff, and a book that proports to provide it, SHOULD get it right.

rinku said:
Alternately, break out your old copy of Striker and use that instead :)

Striker isn't anywhere as all-encompassing as the MGT design rules. Striker designs don't have many of the problems listed above because Striker doesn't even cover it.

Problem: Low tech wheeled vehicles can't be designed.

Only higher tech vehicles can be designed in Striker.

Problem: No true Battery Power Plants.

No battery power plants in Striker (only fusion, turbines, combustion).

Problem: Hangar space seems to be off when compared to some other versions of Traveller.

No mention of hangars in Striker.

Problem: Fusion Power Plants may need an upgrade when compared to lower TL options.

Very small list of power plants in Striker.

Problem: Submarines can't sink.

Doesn't look like submarines can be made with Striker.

To each his own. Some of us love design rules, some don't.

(Page 13) Change Superdense to 8400 mass (instead of 9000) and Bonded Superdense to 9000 (instead of 12000).

(Page 5) Change Superdense Hull Mass per m3 to 140 (instead of 150) and Bonded Superdense Hull Mass per m3 to 150 (instead of 200). This makes both in sync with the new ratios created by the changes on page 13.

These are exactly the same numbers I came up with, so naturally I agree completely :cool:

Back