Centauri republic factbook

On the Dargan, August mentioned something aobut that near the beginning of the thread. He did not go for AOG's EW suite and instead portrayed it as an older light cruiser to which the Chameleon Suite was added to later.
Late middle of the thread IIRC.

For me, I don't mind that, as it does seem plausible that the Dargan is not an entirely new construction, but an older hull that may be refitted with the new C-sensors some day.
But it annoys me a bit that the Dargen has 300 HP and the Vorchan 600 HP, when in B5W the Dargan (and especially it's miniature) was quite a bit larger then the Vorchan, almost Primus-size...
Same for the Centurion with 325 HP.
And of course, the weapons suites are still what AoG gave them, meaning a ship half the size of a Vorchan carries more then twice the guns... and 12 fighters besides.

But hey, I think I wrote before that I consider the surrent incarnation of Mongoose ship stats to be a wreck anyway, so I don't get angry about it. There is so much wrong there that these few more don't make a difference. And I'll wait for the space combat game in hopes they'll fix it all there...

I am half way through the book now. I have one question it reading about the Centauri Tronno martial arts. Is the a feat for that or is it just background fluff?

Well, I would not exactly call it 'fluff' but there are no hard rules set down for it. The Tronno martial art is no better or worse than other hand to hand styles in the galaxy, so it did not feel right to create anything based around it when the entire combat system on the game is already rather abstract and rather deadly.

Of course, you can always adapt anything you like from other sources if you simply must have a Tronno Master character complete with prestige class and special feats, but one of the things Babylon 5 has been doing (with success, I think) is trying to get away from the D&D mindset where character creation is concerned.

Hope this helps,
-August

In my campaigns, I’ve introduced the Dargon (sp?) chameleon stealth ship as alien tech which has links to other events in the campaign.

One of the Centauri houses discovered a few of the ships and has reversed engineered them. The source of the tech is the same as the other Centauri ship tech.

Due to its alien origins, it is very difficult to produce.

This was all done prior to the Centauri book coming out.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. :twisted:

Sidney

ZenOrac said:
As far as B5 products are concerned "Expect me when you see me!" :lol:

Beats the hell out of Decipher's RPG release schedules: nothing like being 12 months overdue.

So far, the only real problems I've found with the Centauri book are small... Centauri women aren't bald naturally; they shave their heads to rise above petty politics. Londo comments on this at one point. The other: London informs Garibaldi that the Nakaleen feeder is from Coutor III & the system is quarantined.

Nitpicks, but hey... :roll: Otherwise, I like it. :p

ZenOrac said:
As far as B5 products are concerned "Expect me when you see me!" :lol:

You have to remember that they have a liscense they need to conform to as well. They are USUALLY on time or just a little late on many of thier non liscensed products :)

Yeess, Viiirr! And I hear Misterr August Hahn has written the upcoming Narn Sourcebook. I cannot believe these barbaric slaves will receive a glorious treatment like we, of the glorious Centauri Republic, did. At least we got here first...
:)

Seriously, thanks to August and Mongoose for this great Centauri sourcebook. This is a huge idea generator for my campaign... It goes well with Chobbly's "Curse of the Tantalus".

Hey Redlaco, just remember the group that was DFL (Dead Fraggin Last) into space were the first ones to get a sourcebook. :lol:

Yes, Londo could tolerate that Minbari got their racial sourcebook before the mighty Centauri Republic, but those upstart humans... that is insufferable. But, LoneStranger, Centauri intelligence gathered that the fact that the employees of Mongoose Publishing are 100% humans might have somethig to do with it. :D

redlaco said:
Yes, Londo could tolerate that Minbari got their racial sourcebook before the mighty Centauri Republic, but those upstart humans... that is insufferable. But, LoneStranger, Centauri intelligence gathered that the fact that the employees of Mongoose Publishing are 100% humans might have somethig to do with it. :D

Ahh, but were it 2258, Londo would be pleased to see the power of the race that the Centauri are hoping to attach themselves to. Perhaps a race so powerful as to get the first Factbook will enable the Centauri to ride to greatness again, getting the puch that they need!

Matt

I am almost finished with the book and I most say another good job. But here is the stats for the Drahk?

I am almost finished with the book and I most say another good job. But here is the stats for the Drahk?

I think that the Drahk, being servants of the Shadows, will likely be detailed in the Vorlons and Shadows sourcebook.

However, I expect at least a cursory looke at them in the Season 5: Wheel of Fire sourcebook.

Back