Campaign on Vassal

It ain't too long anyway and we can set up races, maps, and people can get an idea of their fleet lists so that we can roll everything out the instant Armageddon hits the streets. This way you have a couple of weeks for turn one and the battles only kick in then, hopefully giving everyone time enough to at least ask about the relevant changes.

The reason people aren't going on Vassal is that a couple of people dropped out of the Vassal II Tournament and there seems to be a bit of apathy regarding the whole thing now. My preference is to draw a line under it and try something a little less ambitious next time.

A campaign may sound like a hugely risky gamble on everyone playing but with the right rules, drop outs, etc. can be negated and everyone else can still play the campaign to a conclusion!

On the different races theme - I agree that if possible it would be good to have everyone as a different race. We just need the Narn now and we have a mix of all the major players in 2262 (barring League worlds).

Now Armageddon isnt as big a change to the lists (I think :? )

"What's the worst that could happen?"

waldronbob350 minbari
prelude_to_war EA
Lorcan Nagle ISA
Lord David the Denied Centauri
Locutus9956 (Drakh?)

repost the list and add your names or correct the list if needed...
prelude_to_war, my understanding is you're going to have to select an EA era, but other than that, it's all good (given that we've got ISA and Drakh about, I'd suggest crusade-era makes more sense..)

I'll take narn. :) Unless someone else would prefer to play them, I could always go for another race, I'm flexibile.

waldronbob350 Minbari
prelude_to_war EA
Lorcan Nagle ISA
Lord David the Denied Centauri
Locutus9956 (Drakh?)
LaranosTZ Narn

Lord David the Denied said:
waldronbob350 - Minbari
prelude_to_war - EA
Lorcan Nagle - ISA
Lord David the Denied - Centauri
Triggy - Drakh
LaranosTZ - Narn
That would give a nice balance to the campaign - very unexpected really! Just space for League and/or Raiders if anyone wants to join in and not duplicate a fleet choice.

Right.
I shall endeavour to create some suitably incomprehensible background.
I have a few ideas at the moment, and reserve the right to modify the system targets to fit (essentialy the first one generated will be an asteroid belt rather than a settled world; all will become clear in time.....)

Would like to play!!! :D

waldronbob350 - Minbari
prelude_to_war - EA
Lorcan Nagle - ISA
Lord David the Denied - Centauri
Triggy - Drakh
LaranosTZ - Narn
Jayraider- League!

I'd say that looks like a perfect balance of players and numbers to me.

Also, a combined League fleet is fine by me - gives Jay plenty of choice and makes them sort of fun again in a Campaign setting. Dreading fighting against Bimiths and Lakaras as a core, Vaarl scouts, Ikorta assault ships and Strikehawks spinning round the flanks! (but dreading in a good way :) )

Furthermore, aside from Waldronbob (no offense, I'm sure you'll do fine), we're all Vassal veterans so will have less worry about dropouts and we can get on with even bigger games well enough.

Back