Cabal Army

N'Phar

Mongoose
Hi All

This is a to all the Skinnie players out there:

Am I the only person in the world to use the Cabal tribal army?

If anyone else has used it - please let me know how you have got on.

Personally I really like it. I even wrote a complete intelligence report for the MI players at my local club.

TTFN

Jim

I have not, though I do like the psycher unit. The problem with a cabal army is that the brutes were never released.
Grumble grumble...
I heard a big unit of those cabal are nasty though. I recall one or two people haf an army like that, but could have left the forum annoyed at the evo announcement a while back.

I've played against one several times, via proxies of course.

I must say that as a Bug player I find the Cabal to be a very formidable opponent... the first time I ever had to retreat my entire battle line was against the Cabal and brutes coming from reserves

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I had realised that I would have to use proxis or convert some figures.

Brutes verses Bugs. It looks good on paper, particularly when a Gladiatorial Champion can take down a Tanker single handed. The big IF seems to be getting them into contact with the enemy with enough left to do some damage.

I wouldn't like to be using them against MI unless there was alot of terrain to break up fields of fire. Although a well placed raider ambush could keep the MI busy while the Brutes advance. Still gonna take some severe casualties though.

I should get a chance to take on the MI soon. I will let you know what happens.

TTFN

Jim

Hi Rob

I'm relatively new to all this - so I had no idea that brutes had even been sculpted.

I have to say one of the things that attracted me to skinnies was the variation in tech level. Then I read how fluid the social organisation could be - so many possibilities...

If anyone is interested I put some tribal background together here: http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/LMWS/files/Starship Troopers/

Its the file called "SICON intelligence report". I dare say that those who have been imersed in the system for some time will find numerous errors (the planet name etc...) but I wanted to make the army meaningful. I left it open so that as I use the army the background can be updated. With victories the tribe will grow stronger, with defeats there will be rebellions and new leaders rising to the fore (changing the nature of the army...).

TTFN

Jim

Yeah, a few months before the SSTevo thing was announced at an open day when the Cabal were released, Old Bear showed me the greens for the brutes. They were some of the best sculpts I had seen MGP do.
What makes it worse is that they promised us they wouldnt stop releases as Alex of MGP still wants his Venerable Marauders! :evil:

I've been painting up Skinnies lately and would have loved to get my hands on some Brutes and the Venerable Marauder.

As it is now I'm converting some Kroot with clubs as Brutes and might work on a conversion of an Eldar War Walker as a Venerable Marauder.

I'd still prefer to use MGP models, though, and will pick them up and repaint them once they're released with Evo.

I'll pick them up and repaint them too.
I really want metal ones though. Especially if the SST Evo release schedule is going to look like the BFEVO one.

I remeber that post by Alex alright. Shame. I pmed matt about it and he said it was highly unlikely they would ever see the light of day. At least the versions we want.

Hi All

It seems a shame about the MGP Brute models - but MGP is a buisiness and any releases have to be comercially viable.

I will probably have to go down the same route as CaseyGMU, although I don't like going to the evil empire for figures. The consolation for MGP is that I will probably be buying militia for heads etc... Its an expensive way to go, but I really want a Skinnie army that looks good.

By the way, looking at the EVO cards - are we actually going to see some more Tawn rider models? This would certainly call off my search for 3 1/2
inch high plastic dinosaurs...

TTFN

Jim

A shame about the brutes indeed. I didn't care much for the skinnies in general, but I absolutely loved the idea of a Warchief riding into battle with a bunch of Brutes, Brute Tawn riders, and Dacon Hounds. Yes, I definitely would have purchased those in bunches!

BTW, does anybody have a picture of those greens? I thought I remembered one showing up here a long ways back.

I hope they become that AT LEAST.
Metals would be beyond excellence. As it stands, I may not even get into pre-painted evo as it is too expensive! I'm buying what I can now, then upgrading old models with newer ones I like when they are released.

Well Rob, you never know, they may see the light of day in a different manner.
Mage Knight the prepainted game of evil (kidding) released a painters edition of unpainted miniatures.
Mongoose might do that if there is a demand, and it could lower the costs if you bought them in such a format.
Personally I am hoping mongose do this, but it would only work in a small, preordered and possibly paid for in advance method, but could proabably only be cost effective to do once a year, say christmas. Then again demand his high around then for other things.
Here's hoping.

Back