bow AP question

FTracer

Mongoose
Do players add STR bonus to bows AP? Since it says it's reduced I didn't know it meant it already has been reduced or if it means that's the max AP you get out of a bow.

I would say that you do get your STR bonus to AP for bows which have a STR value. This combined AP then gets reduced for every range increment over which you fire...

We played last night and that's what I did but I wasn't sure if it was right or not.

thanks for the input

That's what I've been doing. If you have a bow that's built for increased Strength, you can add up to that maximum number to AP provided you have the Str for it.

So, if you have a Bossonian longbow (AP 5*) rated for a Str 18 character (+4) and your Str just happens to be 18, then the bow has an AP rating of 9*. If your Str is 16, the bow has an AP of 8*, and you get the standard attack penalties for using a bow that's too stout for you.

I don't have my book with me, but I think there is a sidebar box a couple of pages after the equipment chart that answers this question. I think you add str if there is a ste bonus.

Back