Big Errors in Racial Bonus Feats

A

Anonymous

Many of the Racial Bonus Feats are not working out:
Look at Kitan For Example:

He may choose at 1st level: (If he meets requirements)

Dodge: Prerequisite +1 Dodge Bonus - (No 1st level Character has that)
Any Sorcery Feat: (All sorcery feats require a +1 magic attack - no 1st level character has that)
Improved unarm strike: ok
Weapon Focus: Only Soldiers and Barbarians (Base attack bonus+1)

So, a Sorcerer from Khitai can only take Improved Unarm Strike!

Other :evil:

Dr J

Personally, I think they changed something at the last minute - namely that first level characters have +0 Dodge, Parry and Magic Attack bonuses. It makes little sense to me. Especially because, aside from Soldiers, no one can take Parry or Dodge until third level!

Ignore the requirements when applying racial feats. IMO, all of these ought to be taken by first level char anyway. FOr the sorceror feats, only Hexer would be applicable to a first level char.

Hi warbow, the Mongoose crew already confirmed, in another thread, that you can disregard the +1 minimum prerequisites when picking 1st level bonus feats.

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Thanks Yoki! I kind of just wanted them to know about it...

Is there any thread that is compiling the errors for this book?

Kind of funny that we get to buy a book to proofread it.

warbow said:
There were some threads that tried to compile all the errors, but they got too unwieldy. The Rulesmaster forum is a good place to start for official corrections though.

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Warbow said:

Unfortunately, any thread that tried to compile the known errors for this book would be far too big - there are just too many...

Anonymous said:
Unfortunately, any thread that tried to compile the known errors for this book would be far too big - there are just too many...

True enough, but it is still an excellent game! Definitely my favorite at the moment.

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Back