Big announcement. . . when, Matt????

Cuda,

It's cool. I can understand where you were coming from.

Snowman,

Yes, the fact that so many wargames have died in recent yeas has put a bit of a damper on things. Add to that some of the troubles we've had w/SST (I won't go into all that as I'm sure we're all aware of what I' talking about), and the fact that there really aren't any local stores willing to continue carrying it (I talked my LGS into at least holdiong off on completely dumping it for at least another few weeks) and it all adds up to a bunch of
miniatures collecting dust on my shelf. :cry:

BIG things are coming for you SST guys, i cannot say what etc, but Big, trust this voice...

Not long to wait i say

Alan

Yeah, that makes him one of like...what's the world's population again?
Anyway it really doesn't make him that special. :lol:

Hi guys,

Just to explain, a couple of our playtest groups (notably the SixGoodMen and the ElevenGoodGrunts) have not only made privy to what we are doing, but have also been spending a lot of their own time refining the ideas and making what is coming even better. This has by no means been developed in isolation, but with fans of the game who have a vested interest in making it the best it can possibly be.

I think they have succeeded - you'll be able to judge for yourself very soon.

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Just to explain, a couple of our playtest groups (notably the SixGoodMen and the ElevenGoodGrunts) have not only made privy to what we are doing, but have also been spending a lot of their own time refining the ideas and making what is coming even better. This has by no means been developed in isolation, but with fans of the game who have a vested interest in making it the best it can possibly be.

And who the Devil are you? :roll: Just kidding there, Matthew :wink: .

I feel like an Oompa-Loompa now...

Oompa Loompa Doopity Doo
I have Riddle Just for You
Oompa Loompa Doopity Dee
If You are Wise You'll Listen to Me

j2talk said:
msprange said:

Enough stringing us along.......WHEN do we get some NEWS.........

Give the man a break. He's said on one of the umpteen other threads that it will a week to 10 days.

I know the wait won't be very long, but my greatest fear is that this will be VOR all over again. I loved that game. Imho it was a beter game than 40k. I had (still have) neo-sov's, union & growler armies, fully painted!!! I was looking forward to the release of the design your own army book when.....BAM, the company closed and the game died.
I keep telling myself that Mongoose is not going anywhere. That the fanbase for SST is huge. That all we have to do is demo the game, get some buzz about the quality of the product, and the lower cost going, and the number of players will grow. At my flgs I was one of the only players / buyers. After talking up the game and a few demos, I have 6 players! Things are looking up!
I just can't quiet my fears, and frankly if I hear one more mention of a change to 15mm I'll start coughing up blood. Changing the scale would kill the game. Given the hard times that most people face, and the money spent to get an army built. Changing the scale would hose the loyal gamers who have done so much to get us this far.
I know I must, But I can't stand this wait!

As Valentine Michael Smith (Stranger in a Strange Land) would have said
"I am waiting faster, until I grok the announcement in full."

"Waterbrothers, let us all wait, faster"

If the above quotes leave you puzzled read Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land". Loved the characterizations Jubal Harshaw, Dorcas Miriam Duke and all the rest.

Before reading it be prepared as Heinlein took direct aim at organized religions with this one and included a lot of sociological commentary as well. :D :D :D :D :D

CudaHP said:
As Valentine Michael Smith (Stranger in a Strange Land) would have said
"I am waiting faster, until I grok the announcement in full."

"Waterbrothers, let us all wait, faster"

If the above quotes leave you puzzled read Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land". Loved the characterizations Jubal Harshaw, Dorcas Miriam Duke and all the rest.

Before reading it be prepared as Heinlein took direct aim at organized religions with this one and included a lot of sociological commentary as well. :D :D :D :D :D

Hehe I did find mysef thinking "waiting is" but when my Hordes stuff did not show up on time either I have to say I could stand to not have to wait faster so darned much! :wink: :D Oh well something I am waiting for will eventually arrive... :roll:

Me i`m just a stoat...
Hi to Raczakt and Quark ( i like the pic Ras )
I`m no one special, i think i`m one of the 11 gunts, and know a little about the new stuff for SST...
I have the SST boxed set, only black painted the bugs, but had a good read of the rules, since i`m a big fan of the films etc...

I know alot of people have been saying thinks about rules, or too many parts to minis etc, or shops not stocking SST, i`m from watford, good luck finding a game shop in the first place..

Matt has been a busy person, i don`t know him in person myself, but seems a nice guy, and somebody who cares about the hobby etc...
He and his gang are putting big stuff for the SST gang, so i hope you all will be leaping with joy in your maddy trenches soon...

As for me i look forward to BFE, and VAS too
I know waiting is killing somepeople, but when you are hit with the news, well, i don`t think some of you will be still sanding..
Time will tel, and the clock is ticking down fast...

Hang in their
Alan

soulman said:
Me i`m just a stoat...
Hi to Raczakt and Quark ( i like the pic Ras )
I`m no one special, i think i`m one of the 11 gunts, and know a little about the new stuff for SST...
I have the SST boxed set, only black painted the bugs, but had a good read of the rules, since i`m a big fan of the films etc...

I know alot of people have been saying thinks about rules, or too many parts to minis etc, or shops not stocking SST, i`m from watford, good luck finding a game shop in the first place..

Matt has been a busy person, i don`t know him in person myself, but seems a nice guy, and somebody who cares about the hobby etc...
He and his gang are putting big stuff for the SST gang, so i hope you all will be leaping with joy in your maddy trenches soon...

As for me i look forward to BFE, and VAS too
I know waiting is killing somepeople, but when you are hit with the news, well, i don`t think some of you will be still sanding..
Time will tel, and the clock is ticking down fast...

Hang in their
Alan

Hi Dude, thats what I keep saying "patience is a virtue" and all that.

If you like the picture, wait till you see the conversions!

Back