bf evo

zlatan

Mongoose
i just read the magazine that i downloaded from mongoose or what ever it is and all is i can say is wow it sounds absolutly marvelous all is i can say is mongoose you have done it this time im gonna spoend thousands on this game thank you mongooose and matt for bringing such a great game nick

I don't know I was all that happy with the look of the BF: Evo infantry minis. from the S&P 37 they looked a little too close to Wizards of the Coast minis which I am not a fan of.

I would like to see some better photos if possible :wink:

I admit though that for me painting is just as big a part of the hobby as gaming :wink:

Try here for some pics in a slightly higher resolution:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1374&qsSeries=47#

mthomason said:
Try here for some pics in a slightly higher resolution:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1374&qsSeries=47#

Oook? Why no BF;Evo section on the site, I get the PLA but nothing else....Any chance of high res pics of the MEA.

Aside from that I think the PLA infatry look alright, not a fan of the static and repeated poses but the scukpt quality is higher than usual with MGP.

Ok I was very excited hearing about BF:Evo. I am already stashing money for this....but I see something in S&P 37 that has me hitting the brakes and seriously thinking about looking elsewhere....at least for the tanks

Please tell us those tanks are just placeholders.....they are WAY too small!
I will pay decent money for prepainted IN SCALE (or at least close) tanks, as my WWII collection will attest.

The Challenger II is just over 8 ft tall and the troopers in the foreground of those pics look like they tower over the tank.

I know, I know......I'm sounding like a scale nazi but the tanks are a little of a disappointment. At least for size. I know I should just wait for the stuff to come out and judge then...but I have high hopes for Mongoose's stuff.

only thing is reading through the Batrep, the SAS troopers wouldnt be so paralized by the loss of a noncom and they generally arnt armed with L85s either preferring other weapon types taht are generally mroe reliable and/or accurate.

I saw the BF Evo models up close and personal today. (Alright, behind a sheet of glass). I have to say, they looked good. They're on my 'to buy' list. I do wonder about the scale of the tanks, though. Not that I know much about real tanks... :?

Well they look nice indeed - there's only one problem.
Exactly one to be precise - one pose.
There is no variantion between the modells what is REALLY a problem to me as I hate clone trooper armies.

Yeah, I'd have to say, the poses are sort of killing it for me. The Battle report was great , and it sounds like an interesting game (although I also have my doubts about the SAS reacting so poorly to losing an NCO), but, to qoute MaxSteiner, they've all got that "I'm waiting for the bus with my gun pose". I don't want to pay that much money for what amounts to basically the same model repeated 10 or so times. Hopefully these were just stand ins and the production versions will be more varied. If not then count me out, because that is EXACTLY WHY I HATE PRE-PAINTED GAMES!

katadder said:
only thing is reading through the Batrep, the SAS troopers wouldnt be so paralized by the loss of a noncom and they generally arnt armed with L85s either preferring other weapon types taht are generally mroe reliable and/or accurate.

I PM'd Matt on that very issue. There is no weapon more accurate than the L85 but certainly the M16 is preferred for reliability by the SAS

emperorpenguin said:
katadder said:

I PM'd Matt on that very issue. There is no weapon more accurate than the L85 but certainly the M16 is preferred for reliability by the SAS

Yeah I've read a few books, where they prefer to M16's. SAS like weapons that have been tried, and tested in the field. L85's tend to have a less than favourable performance, and require lots of care and attention. They also have a fondness for Flash-Bangs :)

Does anyone know what colour the boat house is, at Hereford?

Reaverman said:
Yeah I've read a few books, where they prefer to M16's. SAS like weapons that have been tried, and tested in the field. L85's tend to have a less than favourable performance, and require lots of care and attention. They also have a fondness for Flash-Bangs :)

I believe the response was "How the f*** should I know!?" and the movie was "Ronin" do I get a prize!? :p

Matt responded on the other thread to say that this was an early playtest and the final release version of the SAS will have M16s, so yay for factual accuracy!

emperorpenguin said:
Reaverman said:

I believe the response was "How the f*** should I know!?" and the movie was "Ronin" do I get a prize!? :p

Matt responded on the other thread to say that this was an early playtest and the final release version of the SAS will have M16s, so yay for factual accuracy!

Very good, your prize is the hinges to the said boat house....problem is they are still attached to the boathouse ;)

And Yay, for 'Faccuracy'...yeah, I just made that up!

emperorpenguin said:
I hope those prepainted SAS figures will have moustaches! :wink:

or maybe a black rectangle stuck over the faces!? :lol:

Can you say magic marker? >:)

Nezeray

well the L85 is accurate if you have a susat on it. or until you bang it against something climbing over a wall then it needs zeroing all over again etc etc.

Back