Become a Journalist for the Travellers' Aid Society!

We have managed to get through quite a few article submissions during the holiday break and only have a few more left in the 'hopper'. If you have been thinking about making a submission of your own, now would be a good time!

Hi Matt,
Do you reply to every submission be it positive or negative? If so what kind of timescale?
Sorry, I know you are super busy but can't help being excited at the possibility..

JeffMindlin said:
Hi Matt,
Do you reply to every submission be it positive or negative? If so what kind of timescale?
Sorry, I know you are super busy but can't help being excited at the possibility..

Mostly, yes, though the timescale might be fairly long as I tend to go through a 'bunch' of articles whenever I reach the end of a big project (and I am currently ploughing through the 2300AD Aerospace Engineer's Handbook, which is big). However, I can tell you that I can see an article by you in the 'hopper' and I will get to it!

Hi Matt,
Are you still wanting more stuff?
I have something I've written, its related to the history of the Journal. I would like to submit it but not sure if you are still wanting and I haven't heard anything from my previous submission.
Thanks.

JeffMindlin said:
I have something I've written, its related to the history of the Journal. I would like to submit it but not sure if you are still wanting and I haven't heard anything from my previous submission.

Good timing, I was about to post a reminder!

Yes, we will still be looking for articles for JTAS, likely until the end of this year!

MongooseMatt said:
JeffMindlin said:

Good timing, I was about to post a reminder!

Yes, we will still be looking for articles for JTAS, likely until the end of this year!

Matt, two more questions - can it be something that refers to material from adventures from the old travellers digest journals? Not sure if there are rights issues around that?
And does that mean you've looked through the ones you alreaty have?
Thanks

JeffMindlin said:
Matt, two more questions - can it be something that refers to material from adventures from the old travellers digest journals? Not sure if there are rights issues around that?

Stick to the old JTAS rather than the more esoteric publications, and you should be fine.

JeffMindlin said:
And does that mean you've looked through the ones you alreaty have?

No, but we are on the home straight!

While we wait, let’s play a game… it’s called “who’s the idiot that didn’t write anything down because surely he’d remember such important details?”.

Yeah, I’m gonna have to recreate them from scratch and memory… :)

I've been outlining an adventure that is shaping up fairly nicely, but I think it would be a little long for a JTAS article. You aren't accepting writing submissions for modules, perchance? :)

OrdosMalleus said:
I've been outlining an adventure that is shaping up fairly nicely, but I think it would be a little long for a JTAS article. You aren't accepting writing submissions for modules, perchance? :)

Start off with JTAS articles, and then we will look at larger adventures!

Back