Babylon 5's Mine Launcher

Greg Smith

Mongoose
The ACTA stats for the B5 station give it a mine launcher. Is there a canon reference for this? I don't recall it being in the series.

Really? is it a mine launcher, or a typo ;-)

I honestly can't remember any stage during the show when we saw B5 launch mines, they would be just to dangerous around a commercial shipping station!

hiffano said:
Really? is it a mine launcher, or a typo ;-)

I honestly can't remember any stage during the show when we saw B5 launch mines, they would be just to dangerous around a commercial shipping station!
It wasn't so "commercial" in season 4...
But I don't remember them ever deploying mines.

this is true, however even if they bought mines, surely they would just set them up with maintbots rather than a launcher? but just read it on the ship viewer ;-) seems pretty cool.

Tank said:
They actually bought e-mines off the Narn
I know the nukes that sheridan bought were from the Narn, but they weren't e-mines were they?

The old AoG station had Energy Mines so that's probably where they get it from.

Closest thing in the series is the big green cannon thing, although that obviously isn't an Energy Mine...

pulsecannon0bs8.gif

Nick

Surely Babylon 5 had a stock of nuclear arms assigned to it by EarthForce? In Thirdspace we see Sheridan take a very human-looking nuclear device from storage to destroy the Thirdspace gate. There was nothing to suggest that the weapon was extra-terrestrial in origin.

Yer thats where it gots it upgrade.

But they never even used the mine launchers once..........Not even when they fought the Clarke loyalists.....

I think those green weapons would fit more with pulse weaponry. Ship Breakers have the nasty tendency to be only at 10" range...

the mine launchers as has already been mentioned are from the emines on the ships weapons load out on the B5Wars station.

Now the big pulse cannoney thing COULD be meant to be firing Emines but Id always thought of that as a pulse cannon or a plasma cannon. Still who knows it could also be emines firing ship breakers etc...

Wasn't that big green gun thingy called The Eye? I seem to remember Ivanova calling it that a few times.
Or was that Sauron...

huh?

I thought the Secundus Heavy array had more range than a measly 10".

Though who cares taking a Secundus is rarely a good idea.

The eye? Hrm fits her though. "Dont make me look at you!"

Back