Babylon 5 in 2006

THere may well be conversion rules (if needed) for the old stuff, mayhap like ALderac are doing for SC 2.0 from 1.0.

If it does add new material, that won't invalidate the books we have, but contradictory material would be bad.

I trust Msprange when he says our old books will not be invalidated.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
but contradictory material would be bad.

We already have that (And I'm not talking about stuff that contradicts previous canon in itself...)... ;)

Any tidying up 2E can do would be greatly appreciated.

You're right, we do, some of the 'race' books contradict differ from early material. but Msprange has said the later book takes precedence.

I will be buying 2E, I have already updated my list of things to buy, withh all the listed B5 releases.

LBH

frobisher said:
lastbesthope said:
but contradictory material would be bad.

We already have that (And I'm not talking about stuff that contradicts previous canon in itself...)... ;)

Any tidying up 2E can do would be greatly appreciated.

I think thats kinda inevitable really, unless someone somewhere is keeping a bible of all canon facts and updating it with any changes made from any and all sources available then some deviations are unavoidable.

I think thats kinda inevitable really, unless someone somewhere is keeping a bible of all canon facts and updating it with any changes made from any and all sources available then some deviations are unavoidable.

I try, I try...but I'm only Sh'lassan!

<<POKES DRAKH KEEPER IN EYE>>

No! No! Its sleepy time, not fact update time! Stupid masters....

...erm....

Yes, of course I will forego sleep and finish project...of course I will....

8) 8) 8)

Bry

Mongoose Steele said:
Yes, of course I will forego sleep and finish project...of course I will....

8) 8) 8)

Bry

Heh I think that would amount to some MAJOR sleep deprivation :lol:

No League 2 book? :( cant wait for the Vorlon/Shadow book and the Drakh one should be interesting as well :D

Great to see the line getting new stuff and by the looks of it pretty good stuff at that. I will certainly be buying more books.

Well one thing i didn't like about the old season guide books was having the rules info spread across episode descriptions rather then organised into sections in the back of the book (though the index of rules in i think season 4 book was nice) also bugged me about the psi corp book having various telepathic abilities spread throughout the book rather then everything having an easy reference point.
Has the organisation for mechanics been rectified for 2nd ed / season guides?

Exeter said:
Well one thing i didn't like about the old season guide books was having the rules info spread across episode descriptions rather then organised into sections in the back of the book (though the index of rules in i think season 4 book was nice) also bugged me about the psi corp book having various telepathic abilities spread throughout the book rather then everything having an easy reference point.
Has the organisation for mechanics been rectified for 2nd ed / season guides?

If it is any consolation we DID state we also preferred the rules at the end as opposed to hidden amongst the text for the episode synopses when we playtested them.. but noone listened until down the line... :)

If the New Season Guide is setup like its playtest documents were then all the good stuff is in its own chapter... so hopefully all should be well on that front.

Again if 2nd ed is set out chapterwise like the playtest docs then Teeps get thier own chapter, which is just as well as Telepathy is better.

Mouth of Sauron said:
lastbesthope said:
I suspect this may be a seperate Season guide, perhaps for Season 1 alone, or more likely I think, for all 5 seasons, seperated from the second edition rulebook.

LBH

I sure hope that's the case and it's intended for new players buying the 2nd editions or for GM's who want all 5 seasons in one book for use during game sessions and that it doesn't have new information and isn't the first of the inevitable "well the 2nd edition rulebook by itself won't invalidate any of the books you own, but we never said we wouldn't redo the other books and our rewrites WILL invalidate your old books. :evil:

I can understand ur frustration. The first thing I thought when i saw the full season guide listed was, oh great i spent all that money buying the individual season guides and now they're replacing them with a new book.

I hope mongoose is not turning into a souless business that only cares about profit.

Eladrin said:
I can understand ur frustration. The first thing I thought when i saw the full season guide listed was, oh great i spent all that money buying the individual season guides and now they're replacing them with a new book.

You don't have to buy it you know - you've already got the season books...

It's not like it's required for you to run using the current Codices or anything like that...

It does make one wonder though why are they publishing a different version? The first batch are really nice I thought, and represent the series very well. What is different?

I suspect that they may be removing the first season info from the 2E main rule book (partly to make room for the extra bits they'll need to put in to avoid needing the PHB), thus they would need to make a Season 1 supplement for people who get in at the 2E time. If you're doing that, why not just do a book of all 5 seasons so they don't need to buy 5 supplements when they can get just one?

I just hope they keep the books in colour. So very nice to look at that way 8)

LBH

Babylon 5 Aide said:
It does make one wonder though why are they publishing a different version? The first batch are really nice I thought, and represent the series very well. What is different?

I think it's mostly because most of the extra rules from those books have been gathered into the 2E rulebook, so a lighter version of the other material is all you'd need then if you've got the 2E rulebook, concentrating on the baclground rather than rules.

Back