Babylon 5 2nd Edition

Faenril said:
dr-paradox said:
Ranger is also a core class in the 2nd ed
but is this the an'lanshok ranger or an explorer archetype and if it's the former, what about the an'lanshok prestige class ?

It is the core class.

As for the prestige class it doesnt affect it in the least.. as before the Core Class represents those who start out as rangers where as the prestige represents those who become rangers further down the track.. nothing changed there.

Neo said:
It is the core class.

As for the prestige class it doesnt affect it in the least.. as before the Core Class represents those who start out as rangers where as the prestige represents those who become rangers further down the track.. nothing changed there.
I did not knew... I have only the donwloadable copy of the prestige calss and not the book which contains it, but I thinks strange that it is harder to qualify for someone who will become a ranger that for someone who begins as a ranger. why take the prestige class if you can multiclass in the ranger class ?

Faenril said:
Neo said:
It is the core class.

I did not knew... I have only the donwloadable copy of the prestige calss and not the book which contains it, but I thinks strange that it is harder to qualify for someone who will become a ranger that for someone who begins as a ranger. why take the prestige class if you can multiclass in the ranger class ?

It is harder as it reflects that the new rangers have not spent the years of training that the core class rangers are assumed to have done.

Also others could only multi class into the core class from 5th level above unless the GM waives the restriction. The prestige is slightly different approach to rangers than the core class and is mainly intended for those who already have multiple classes/specialties and become rangers late in the game, allowing them to get some better ranger benefits than stnadard starter level ranger benefits granted by the core clas.

Thanks for your answer Neo.

I am at this very moment filling the 2nd edition character sheet for my players in order to play Babylon 5 "1.5" the time we play before the 2nd edition is available. an hybrid and uncomplete conversion for the moment

I have several questions.

- What is replacing the following skills : disguise, escape artist, forgery, gather information, jump, perform, read lips, search, sleight of hand, swim, technical (space travel), speak language ?

- is it possible to have the base defense bonus for level 2 characters of the following class : diplomat, telepath, agent, officer ?

thanks and regards

Faenril said:
Thanks for your answer Neo.

I am at this very moment filling the 2nd edition character sheet for my players in order to play Babylon 5 "1.5" the time we play before the 2nd edition is available. an hybrid and uncomplete conversion for the moment

I have several questions.

- What is replacing the following skills : disguise, escape artist, forgery, gather information, jump, perform, read lips, search, sleight of hand, swim, technical (space travel), speak language ?

- is it possible to have the base defense bonus for level 2 characters of the following class : diplomat, telepath, agent, officer ?

thanks and regards

I can do general questions, concerns etc.. even the odd teaser but Im prevented from specifics like you need above due to the NDA as the book isnt out the door just yet, once it is.. then not a problem.

So NEO,

Giben that the 2E book will be on sale on Saturday at Mongoose HQ, does that mean you can tell him then?

Or do special advance sales not count?

LBH

lastbesthope said:
So NEO,

Giben that the 2E book will be on sale on Saturday at Mongoose HQ, does that mean you can tell him then?

Or do special advance sales not count?

LBH

As far as I am aware as soon as it is available to the public it counts as released and then I can blab all I want too about the specifics..but until then there is only so much I can say without Monty paying me a visit and giving me a smackdown :D

Don't get me wrong Neo, I undertand your limitations. I was just pointing out to our friend that he might not have to wait so long as he thinks.

:lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Don't get me wrong Neo, I undertand your limitations. I was just pointing out to our friend that he might not have to wait so long as he thinks.

:lol:

LBH
well in fact I have to wait however to have the real book in my hands. I live in France and I do not have the opportunity to go tomorrow for the special Day. I wish I could but as a president of a Role playing game association, I must be there. I run also a B5 campaign in that association :D .

here is the link to the forum's association :
http://cerclefantastique.free.fr/

Ah but Faenril, what I meant was that since the book will be publicly available as of tomorrow, Neo will be able to get a little more specific when answering your questions.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Ah but Faenril, what I meant was that since the book will be publicly available as of tomorrow, Neo will be able to get a little more specific when answering your questions.

LBH

If someone posts a picture of themselves with the book in thier hands preferably at the location they obtained it..then I will take that as proof positive it is in circulation and answer any specific questions anyone wishes to ask hehe :lol:

lastbesthope said:

LBH
I Do have understood sir :wink:

Did that last time, I have got pretty much all my Ivanova specific B5 stuff signed already. but I did dig out an old PSX game "Titan Wars" that Ms Christian starred in, I'll be taking that along :lol:

And the prize for most obscure piece of Claudia Christian merchandise goes to . . . . .

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Did that last time, I have got pretty much all my Ivanova specific B5 stuff signed already. but I did dig out an old PSX game "Titan Wars" that Ms Christian starred in, I'll be taking that along :lol:

And the prize for most obscure piece of Claudia Christian merchandise goes to . . . . .

LBH

I'll ust make do with the one piece that brings me the most happiness to look at :)

claudia%20christian.jpg

I have the album cover with that photo, but I am so regretting not buying that poster when I had the chance in Glasgow.

Mind you I was still living at home then and I doubt the parental units would have approved!

LBH

Back